When will I feel normal again after my TT?

linzi
on 1/7/12 12:04 am
I had my tummy tuck with lipo on tuesday 3rd jan I am really swollen and in a lot of pain I thought this would have started to ease but it hasnt. Has anyone who has had a TT tell me when I will start to feel normal again? when will the pain ease? and the swelling begin to go down? I have a gastric band also and have been having really bad heartburn and indegestion has anyone experianced this?
I can only normally sleep on my side and i'm having trouble sleeping does anyone have any advice?
I'm starting to regret my PS as I had to have a total unfill and i'm so worried about putting weight on whilst they re-fill my band i had 9.5mls in and now only have 1ml in.
Any advice would be grately appreaciated.
xx
linzi       
Michelle E.
on 1/7/12 12:21 am
I didnt feel better until day 5-6. I had my PS on 12/27. I know the swelling wont go down for at least a few weeks.. I expect that..  My girth right under my bra increased by 3 inches since I had the surgery.. I havent measured my  tummy cause its I know bigger too.

I can only sleep on my back.. This is hard for me.. I have to take something for pain in the morning and evening.

It gets better.. hang in there.

Michelle
Maureen K.
on 1/7/12 3:37 am
 Hang in there took months for some sort of normal to come back at least a month to stand totally straight I thought I was but my kids kept telling me I wasn't I regretted my ps for along time after a year I was sure that I would never feel like I use to and was kinda sorry I did it but happy to report T the two year mark I felt completely back to normal my surgeon told me it could take that long but I thought he was just blowing smoke but low Nd behold he was right and now I couldn't be happier that I did it was truly worth all of it best wishes And hang in there everyone re coops at a different pace hopefully you won't be like me cheers

SW - 223  CW- 130 GW- 140  Start Sz 18 Current Sz 4 Ht. 5'6"
 BA- LBL/TT 11/3/09

Linda-K
on 1/7/12 4:29 am - New Port Richey, FL
Hi Linzi

I had an extended TT with lipo on 10-20-11.  I also have a Lap Band.  I think I started feeling more like myself about day 7.  I'm now over 2 months out and completely back to normal!

I had to have a large unfill right after the TT surgery as I had incredible, burning heartburn.  Apparently the surgery can wreak havoc with the band.  I have an appt for a fill on 2-7-12 and I'm trying my hardest to hang on.  I've gained abt 8 lbs.  Yikes...but no one to blame but myself.  Food I hadn't been able to eat in 4 years was going down...and I could not resist.  I started on a new program last Monday and so far so good.

Wish me luck and I wish you the same.  Love love love my flat tummy....just can't  wait for my fill.

Linda

Before/Current/DrGoal/MyGoal      279/183/175/155
linzi
on 1/7/12 9:36 pm
Thanks for the advice and I wish you the best of luck I had 1ml taken from my band the end of Nov and put around 10lbs on over christmas went in for surgery tues and they removed 7.5mls so there should be 1ml left in there I see my nurse this week for a fill but i'm told they will refill me gradually which worries me!! I have had terrible heartburn and indegestion since surgery hopefully going to a walk in doctors today can I just ask how was your belly button after surgery? mine is really smelly and I cant bear it i've been cleaning it everyday it has a little bit of blood scabbed on it that I cant remove and is a little red is this normal? especially the smell?
Thank you xx
linzi       
Most Active