breast lift with implants, what did you find helpfull during recovery

mom_to_4boyz
on 1/11/12 12:06 pm, edited 1/11/12 2:32 pm - CA
i go in 1 week for my lift/implants. super excited! i have googles so much and spoke to my surgeon but i would love to here from ppl who have already been though it. what was your recovery time like? pain? how many weeks in pain? things you wish you had known beforehand? things you found helpfull after surgery? any helpfull information would be great. thanx =) i know the ins and outs with the surgical part, its the actual real things that come after that i like to know

karma-4.jpg picture by keiratoutsupermomwifewomantired.jpg picture by keiratout     I'm a shorty at almost 5'3"

JustLookingToo
on 1/11/12 2:31 pm - AL
I had saline breast implants half under the muscle put in 18 years ago, and I have to say that it was the most painful recovery of any surgery I've had so far (and I've had many, including 2 c-sections, 2 gastric bypass surgeries, 2 knee surgeries, 2 breast tumors, etc). It took several days before I could get in and out of bed by myself, so be sure to have a recliner. It took AT LEAST two weeks before I quit saying "ouch" every time I had to move. 

HOWEVER, I've read that many people say it's an easy recovery for them. I think a lot of it has to do with placement. Anytime you go through muscle, it's going to hurt more and hurt longer.

I'll have a lift and an explant in the next month or two. Not looking forward to the recovery, but I'm hoping it's much less painful than having my implants put in. 

I hope your surgery is a breeze for you! I'm sure other people will comment and ease your mind about the pain. My surgery pain was probably unusual, as most people say it's not too bad. Hard to say when you are having multiple surgeries as most of us WLS people have, though.

Michelle E.
on 1/11/12 7:06 pm
Need a good front closure sports bra but here is the deal due to the swelling the band for me increased by 3 inches.. I bought 2 but neither really fit like they should.

Your chest will feel heavy afterwards just know its normal. Use non stick guaze on the nipples. My nips are so sensitive now.. I put wash clothes inside my bra between the tank and bra. It helps keep them warm. I also wear a tank top under my bra. I can change the tank top many times if I want but I only have 2 front closure bras.

Michelle
waitinggame
on 1/11/12 10:11 pm - Bowie, MD
Drugs and lots of 'em! LOL! I had a burning sensation on my skin after that was very similar to a sunburn. I used ice packs a lot for that discomfort. I saw an ice pack bra prior that I really wish I had gotten, but just be sure to have some flexible ice packs in case you have the same sensation. Also, be aware of "morning boob". During the night your boobs will seem to get higher and harder and they feel engorged--if you ever breastfed you'll know what I mean. People apply heat to help with that. I was conflicted because I had the sunburn feeling so heat was not my favorite, but did use it a few times. Last, check out justbreastimplants.com. Tons of ladies on there can give you great advice. Oh, and I'm sure you already know, but what you come out of surgery with is a far cry from what you will look like in several weeks/months. They are high and squarish a lot of times. Don't let it startle you.

Good luck!! 

Denise

Check out my blog--menumealplanning.com. Tales of making meal planning managable, family fodder, and everything else under the sun. 

RNY 2/3/09, LBL/BL w/Augmentation 9/16/11
Start weight: 335 Current weight: 185 Goal weight: Whatever the hell I can maintain without driving myself insane

ButterflyCenturyCard-5.gif picture by barbccrn

*6.5 lost preop

lorilea
on 1/11/12 10:57 pm - MN
I am having a breast lift with implants next Friday and tummy tuck and lipo on my legs.  My doctor told me to get some maxi pad and panty liners s because they are great to stick in your sports bra if you have any leaks.  Not sure if that is going to work or not....but I am going to give it a try, definitely cheaper than buying alot of gauz and tape.
dasie
on 1/12/12 5:44 am
I had implants in 2004 and made two mistakes.  I quit taking my pain meds too soon.  I have a high pain tolerance, but this is totally different.  I still had residual medication in my system from surgery, so I felt, I thought, relatively okay.  Then all of a sudden things got really rough.  My surgeon's office worked me in and then told me get on your pain meds!  The next mistake I made was my sports bra was too small.  I purchased the size they told me to buy.  But when I returned to work, I started having a difficult time breathing.   It too was pretty substantial.  I finally realized one night that it was my bra.  I purchased larger ones, and that made all the difference.  I had implants after I lost a lot of weight and turned 50 - and other reasons.  The PS knew I had lost weight and told me to make sure I did not gain again.  Well....I went on to gain over 100 pounds.  So now, while my implants helped hold me up during my weight gain, I don't know if they are too low now.  I'm not happy with them, but that is my fault.

Most Active