Pre and Post LBL and Mini Medial Thigh Lift Pics 4 to 8 days P.O.

felinemommy
on 1/18/12 11:25 am - NH
Thanks for sharing Steve..........I haven't even had a PS consult yet, but I will bookmark this post for future reference.  I had ruled out having my thighs done because I don't want that long incision, but if I could get this done, I'd be thrilled!  The close up of the incision does look painful though, despite your assurances otherwise.

I vote for more formal attire on future updates.......a dress sock with a tie??

LilySlim - (TZ0U)

Maintain daily activity levels and practice clean eating........still battling some unhealthy behaviors!

newalpha
on 1/18/12 11:38 am
I was thinking more along the lines of a tuxedo!!!! With Bell's of course!!!
southernbelle102
on 1/18/12 2:14 pm
 You look great!  Is it hard to walk with the groin incisions?  I am having a medial thigh lift in June and am worried about the recovery.  Is it hard to sit down or get in different positions.  Any info about your recovery from this surgery or any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated.  I am having a LBL on Feb 28th so I will have plenty of time to heal from that surgery before the thigh surgery.  I hope you continue to heal well!!
newalpha
on 1/18/12 4:51 pm
Hi Belle, It's a shame you can't do both at the same time. It truly wasn't that big of a deal. The 2 procedures fit together very nicely. With the thigh lift you use your arms to get up and down. You kind of lever yourself while keeping your legs straight. I would recommend increasing my arm and back strength prior to surgery. Try and do as much cardio exercise training as possible, this will make your surgery and recovery MUCH easier. The only thing that I would purchase is a toilet riser cushion seat. I did pain meds for 36 hrs following my next day discharge from surgery center, that is truly ALL I needed. Best wishes.
newalpha
on 1/18/12 11:10 pm, edited 1/19/12 2:34 am
Don, you've got it all wrong I'm Irish, and the sock was to cover my Tatoo advertisement. Obesity Help has strict policies concerning ads on their board so I had to cover mine with a sock to conceal my Tatoo of my ownership of my Restaraunt. The Tatoo reads;Eat at Steve's Mexican Restaraunt Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
waitinggame
on 1/19/12 11:24 am - Bowie, MD
"The Tatoo reads;Eat at Steve's Mexican Restaraunt Oklahoma City, Oklahoma."

You are seriously going to have to put some kind of warning on these kinds of posts so I can get on my Depends. My bladder just can't handle this kind of stress!!

Thanks for the giggle!

Denise

Check out my blog--menumealplanning.com. Tales of making meal planning managable, family fodder, and everything else under the sun. 

RNY 2/3/09, LBL/BL w/Augmentation 9/16/11
Start weight: 335 Current weight: 185 Goal weight: Whatever the hell I can maintain without driving myself insane

ButterflyCenturyCard-5.gif picture by barbccrn

*6.5 lost preop

AButterfly
on 1/19/12 4:09 am
 where can i see these pics?
"Just when the caterpillar thought its life was over... it became A Butterfly"     5'8

SW: 250lbs.. GW: 140.. Goal in 9 months.. LW: 114lbs.. CW: 130lbs.. New GW: 120lbs..

newalpha
on 1/19/12 4:42 am
 Butterfly, just click on my username new alpha and it will take you into my info and bio page. You should see pics there. If it asks for a password it is Plastic
Michelle E.
on 1/19/12 10:08 am
You are a very brave man.. Thanks for posting.. If my DH knew I was looking at another man's sock, he would just die... Since my PS, I havent been able to be intimate..really difficult .. its only week 3.. and my incisions are still scabbed over.. I have about 3 more weeks to go.. Where the heck is that fast forward button when you need one..

Good luck on your recovery.. Steve..
newalpha
on 1/19/12 11:39 am, edited 1/19/12 11:47 am
 Hi Michelle, thanks for the kind words. Everyone on this board has been wonderful. What a great board. The information, knowledge,compassion,and support here is unbelievable. I know that I will never be physically like I was pre obesity, but that's okay. The imperfections are a reminder of where I was and the life I have chosen for the future. I Love Life!!!! Those here that were at a place to feel compelled to post Pic's are greatly appreciated. I was able to prepare mentally, understand the procedures, and prepare for the "stages of recovery" by visual references and the discussions that followed. I appreciate the maturity involved and the vulnerability displayed in an effort to help others. I' m sorry to here about your lack of well you know! That gives you something to look forward to. Now, long as you don't name your "little friend" Steve while simultaneously viewing Pic's, I think he would be totally understanding..... Especially if he doesn't know!!!!!!!
Best Wishes Michelle.

Steve

Most Active