Breast implant question

Jmoore6911
on 2/4/12 2:34 am, edited 2/4/12 2:36 am - York, PA
Hello everyone,

I hope all is well!

So a question for those of you who have had breast implants put in... and I am sure this has been asked a million times.... but... Silicone or Saline? Which do you have? What has been your experience? Would you have chosen the other now that you have the one?

EDIT: Also pain pum***** pain pump? How was the pain for a b/l with implants?

Thanks!
sonnieN
on 2/4/12 6:10 am - grand rapids, MI
I have silicone and am completely happy. My surgeon doesn't even do saline . I have a friend who went w/ the saline and hers look and feel more fake than mine do (we've compared). Most people don't even know that I have implants they look so natural. Also they feel natural as different boyfriends have a hard time believing they are implants. Also had no pain pump. Didn't really have any discomfort or pain w/ my bl/ba (course I did have a thigh lift at the same time which was extremely painful)
Michelle E.
on 2/4/12 11:19 am
Saline for me... Mine were put in under muscle. I had BL & BA at the same time. Pain pump was for TT. I wouldnt do silicone.. it was never an option in my mind..
krca11
on 2/4/12 12:13 pm
Hi,

Mine just went in last week - I had a BA/BL and went with silicone.  I looked at both and my PS does both but the silicone was a better fit/feel for me.  I really think it's a personal preference.

I didn't have a pain pump and seriously except for the ride home in the car my pain has been really minimal.  I was on just Tylenol by day 3.  There's some pressure and yes the inscisions are itchy and a bit sore but my RnY was actually much more painful.

Tummy tuck is next....I have to save my pennies!

Be the change you wish to see in the world

lorilea
on 2/4/12 9:41 pm - MN
I went with saline.  My doctor does both and explained the $1000 cost difference in silicone being more expensive is due to the liability insurance.  I think both are safe, even though silicone has had alot of speculation about safety. 

Laura in Texas
on 2/4/12 10:16 pm
Do your research and do what you feel comfortable with. When I get implants, I will get silicone.

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Sue C
on 2/6/12 6:04 am - Fargo, ND
Mine are under the muscle silicone.  Saline feels very fakey.  Mine feel very natural.  No pain pump needed.

~ Sue ~

257/162/150

Maureen K.
on 2/7/12 9:28 pm
 I went with silicone gummy bears to be exact felt more natural to me had them under the muscle love them I think it is just a personal choice best wishes 

SW - 223  CW- 130 GW- 140  Start Sz 18 Current Sz 4 Ht. 5'6"
 BA- LBL/TT 11/3/09

Most Active