Thigh/arm lift - what to wear?

ashleynicole86
on 3/27/12 12:35 pm - SC
What did you find most comfortable to wear after your thigh or arm lift? I feel like these compression garments cut me in the wrong place. I just want some comfort.
Raven300
on 3/27/12 7:28 pm
 My surgeon told me not to bother with wearing anything for the thighs.  He said most patients find it uncomfortable because the seams of the garment tend to rub on the thigh incisions. He said if I found my previous LBL garment comfy to wear that.  I never even tried.  For the arms, I wore compression stockings and cut the foot part off.  They covered from the upper arm down to the wrist. I found this quite comfortable as it provided just enough pressure to ease the swelling and prevent some of the tendon pain I found to be associated with it.

For the arms, I alawys had to make sure there was cloth of some kind between my arm incision and my armpit incision.  I found it uncomfotable if there was skin on skin action. The compression stockings or a sleeved tshirt took care of that for me.
     HW-345,SW-300, CW-144lbs.  DS 5/11/10. 
     First round of plastics with Dr. LoMonaco 11/8/11  LBL, BL. 14lbs of skin removed.
     2nd round with Dr. LoMonaco 2/8/12 Brachioplasty, Thigh lift,  Breast Implants.

ashleynicole86
on 3/27/12 9:19 pm - SC
What did you end up wearing on your thighs during recovery? I find that my drains make my choices limited. Thanks for the idea on the arms!
Raven300
on 3/28/12 8:59 am
 I didn't wear anything at all on the thighs.  Seromas can and do form, but these are not really a problem for proper healing like in the abdominal area. If a seroma does form in the thigh region, it may take time, but the body will just reabsorb it eventually without any lasting harm.

Iam_with_the_Band
on 3/28/12 2:43 am
I loved the www.marenagroup.com arm compression sleeves.  I wore them for 6 months because I had a lot of swelling.  I wore the www.designweronique.com full body to the ankle garment for my thighs.  I was extremely comfortable and was able to look good in my clothes!

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

cleos_mom
on 3/28/12 12:46 pm - phila., PA
I go t my thigh compression garments from the Marena group
I found them quite comfortable

Susan
Most Active