Pleasantly Surprised

Kelly W.
on 6/16/12 12:05 am - WA
 Had lower body lift and breast lift and augmentation on Monday.  Everything went great.  Went for check up Tuesday to have cathedar pulled out and he said everything looks great.  Went yesterday (Thursday) and had pain pump pulled out and he said if I continue how I am now I will get the two drainage tubes taken out monday!  I am so excited,  Everything is going so well so far.  I am only taking pain pills at night mainly so I sleep through the night and my hubby can too....lol.  I was swollen all over the first day or two and now just through the middle.  I cant wait to be able to start massaging my new breast because it seems like they are kind of pushing out of the sides a little more than they should but i am sure that is part of having on a sports bra......the one thing i cant wait to do it take a shower......i feel so dirty!  I am praying for all of my fellow surgery partners and please keep us posted.
Tess145
on 6/16/12 12:13 am - Senatobia, MS
Congratulations!  Sounds like you are doing awesome!  I hope everything continues going great for you.

Tess

Starting Wt 306; Losing Wt 155; Goal Wt 145: Regain Wt 225; Current Wt 157
PS:  FDL Tummy Tuck, Hernia Repair 5/17/12, TT Revision, Butt and Thigh Lift 4/18/13

Suite1
on 6/16/12 12:27 am - Dayton, OH
Sounds like you are doing great.  It'll be a lot better once the tubes are out.   I'm a little more than 3 months out and it's amazing how much my breasts have shifted in this short amount of time. 

Are you not "allowed" to take a shower or is it your choice while you have the tubes in?  They taught me a trick, take a pair of shoestrings, tie them through the loop in the drains (I called them grenades) and tie the shoestrings around your neck.   It keeps them from hanging down and pulling on the insertion point.   I think I took a shower the day after I got home.   My wonderful hubby would put my towels in the dryer while I was in the shower and hand them to me nice & warm.   Of course, it's in the upper 80s where I live today, so that thought isn't quite as appealing as it was in early March!

Good luck!

HW:  280  SW:  262.5  CW:  150
  GOAL!!!!   One week shy of my surgiversary!

LBL, TT, BA on 3/2/12 - Dr William Rigano  

Kelly W.
on 6/16/12 9:53 am - WA
 No I am not allowed to take a shower until 24 hours after drains come out....not going to be as bad as I thought if they come out on Monday!  Just doing the bird bath and making it do lol.  
onefunolygirl
on 6/16/12 1:48 am - Olympia, WA
Hi Kelly.  Its good to hear from you.  I have been wondering how you were doing.  It sounds like you are doing great!  Swelling was my biggest issue with my body lift so that is great that you dont have much. 

Sounds like you are well on your way to a quick recovery.  Congrats!

5' 6", 53 years old 

Highest Weight:   320+  ( Years ago ), Surgery Weight:  270    ( 11/12/10 )
First Major Goal:       220     ( Century Club!!!  100 lbs lost from my highest weight, (Achieved  3/24/11))
Second Major Goal: 198.7  ( Onederland!!!  Have not been been there in 20+ years (Achieved  8/4/11))
Third Major Goal:     160     ( Lost Myself!!!  Half the person I used to be (Achieved 4/14/12 at 159lbs))

Kelly W.
on 6/16/12 2:54 am - WA
 How the heck are you feeling?  I sure hope great!    Keep me posted!  I bet you look like a million bucks!  I just love dr egrari and his staff!  I could not of picked a better dr. 
onefunolygirl
on 6/16/12 7:20 am - Olympia, WA
I am feeling great, although I have a lot of swelling again.  Your fortunate you dont swell much.  Last time it took about three weeks before my swelling started going down but then it went down fast.  Hoping it doesnt last as long this time. 

Glad you are doing so well. Be good to yourself and take it easy.  Hugs!

5' 6", 53 years old 

Highest Weight:   320+  ( Years ago ), Surgery Weight:  270    ( 11/12/10 )
First Major Goal:       220     ( Century Club!!!  100 lbs lost from my highest weight, (Achieved  3/24/11))
Second Major Goal: 198.7  ( Onederland!!!  Have not been been there in 20+ years (Achieved  8/4/11))
Third Major Goal:     160     ( Lost Myself!!!  Half the person I used to be (Achieved 4/14/12 at 159lbs))

scalingback1
on 6/16/12 4:11 am - Mashpee, MA
 Congratulations! I am having consultations over the next two weeks and if all goes well, hope to schedule surgery ASAP.  So nice to hear about things going so smoothly. Hope you continue to have a speedy recovery!
Paula

First goal reached at one year.    
 "What is, is. What will be, is what you make it."  Unknown

jlyn412
on 6/16/12 10:18 pm - Atlanta, GA
So glad you're doing well! I am on recovery morning 2, will be posting about my experience in just a second!

TT/TL/AL/BL with Aug 6/15/2012! Looking good so far!

LoriD70
on 6/16/12 11:11 pm - Fort Lee, NJ
Thank you for letting us know how you're doing!  Sounds like you're doing wonderfully. 
Most Active