loosing skin and bags of droopy fat in 12 hrs

pmann8
on 6/28/12 9:38 am
Well all, I have my PS tomorrow, Fri morn at 7 am.Having a thigh lift, panniculectomy and abdominoplasty all done . Ins denied on first round, I appealed and 3 days later they approved.....yea. Know I am in for a few rough days ahead but having gone from 477 to 247, I am ready to say goodbye to infections, rashes, horrible growths and droopy skin and bags of fat hanging down below my knees. Have a great PS and an even greater Hubby to stand by my side!!!!! If all goes well, I will pay out of pocket around Christmas and have my upper armsdone.....you can see my pics but warning: they are graphic. Will post more pics after the PS and hopefully you will see a remarkable difference. Pat

godzilla
on 6/28/12 9:58 am - Israel
Congrats on ending your battle with insurance!
You are more than ready for this part of your journey.
Less skin and flab can be do freeing as you recover.
I must warn you tho as you were a SMO (super morbid obese) gal, and as you already suffered horrifically with skin rashes, we ex-obese are at higher risk of dehiscence/seroma/openings due yo the way our skin has become as we lost the weight. I hope/pray you have no complications and that everything goes smoothly. My estimate guess on excess skin removal on you (although we find skin and fat and not the same in weight) will most likely be twenty pounds but of course you'll only know then your surgeon tells you.
You will be hunched over a bit after surgery.
Rest but move when told, drink, protein, many mention less salt intake.
You go girl!
Mikimi in Israel
scalingback1
on 6/28/12 10:10 am - Mashpee, MA
 Congratulations!! Wishing you a speedy recovery!

First goal reached at one year.    
 "What is, is. What will be, is what you make it."  Unknown

bamabelle16
on 6/28/12 11:04 am
Good luck for a speedy receovery and very successful surgery! Keep us posted on your progress!
cleos_mom
on 6/28/12 11:09 am - phila., PA
 I wish u luck tomorrow have a speedy recovery, u will be so happy
When all that skin is off
Susan
Laura in Texas
on 6/28/12 12:25 pm
Congrats!! You are going to love the new you even more. I had my lbl/bl a year ago today. It is amazing to feel "whole" again.

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

VirgoMommy304
on 6/28/12 1:51 pm - Las Cruces, NM
VSG on 08/13/12
You are going to do great with your surgery and recovery.  You have come so far and made such amazing progress.  You can see under everything that is going to be removed the outline of the body you are working so hard to live in.  This time next year you are going to look smokin' hot!
rhearob
on 6/29/12 2:57 am - TN
 I hope you are home and feeling terrific by the time you read this.  Best wishes!

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

cleos_mom
on 6/29/12 8:15 am - phila., PA
Hope u r doing well, as I always said, as each hr passes the pain gets
Better
dani02
on 6/29/12 8:23 am - Utica, MI
You are gonna be so happy when you are done with surgery. I cant
wait to see your after.

Praying for you to have a speedy recovery!!!!

Dani
Most Active