Breast augmentation- now or after kids?

Could_It_Be
on 7/7/12 12:16 pm
 Hi there-

I'm considering a lift with implants now that my DDs went to shriveled albino raisins (probably a B). My question for you all with some experience, we want to have at least one (maybe 2) kidlets and I would like to breast feed. 

Should I just wait until after we have kids to get my boobs done? Will much of the work be changed by pregnancy and or breastfeeding??

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks so much!

VSG on 6/22/11
cleos_mom
on 7/7/12 11:06 pm - phila., PA
 I. Would wait until after
Susan
Anne D.
on 7/7/12 11:58 pm
Well, you could do it now, as long as you are ok with a lift again after the kids. Pregnancy and breastfeeding will cause the breast to sag, the implant will stay put, the result is something that needs a lift. So it just depends on if you are ok with 2 surgeries. You can breastfeed with implants.

Could_It_Be
on 7/8/12 10:33 am
Makes sense, thanks ladies!

VSG on 6/22/11
Pura Vida
on 7/11/12 4:01 am - Costa Rica
Just tell the surgeon you intend to breastfeed later and he will adjust the placement, under the muscle so that your natural breast is not disturbed, but if you need a full lift, then i am not sure. I have breast fed with implants, no biggie.
Could_It_Be
on 7/11/12 5:41 am
 thanks lady!

VSG on 6/22/11
blondie0803
on 7/11/12 7:42 am
I asked this same question a few months ago. I went ahead and had them done 2.5 weeks ago. I figured nothing was guaranteed and so I wanted to be happy now. Good luck!
Weight on Day of Surgery: 261lbs
Current Weight: 152
 lbs                
I am 5'3" and 29 years old. 
Tummy Tuck done on 3/6/12 w- Dr. Vincent DiNick
BL/BA done on 6/23/12 w-Dr. Vincent DiNick

feistyemm
on 7/19/12 1:53 am - Westchester, NY
 I had a breast reduction in 1984 when I was 30. Went from an F cup to a Full B. At THAT time there were no guarantees that one could breastfeed after the surgery. I decided to take my chances. I had my son at 41 years old, and I was able to breastfeed, but I can't say if my milk production was sufficient -- he had bottles as well. I don't know if it was that he was a big baby: born 10 lbs. 12 oz. or that I did not create enough milk.  But this was 28 years ago, so things may have changed. My nipples were hanging down to my waist pre-reduction, so that could have played a part in how far the milk had to travel when the nipples were moved up as well.

Your breasts will change when you get pregnant and while you breastfeed -- i.e., grow, and then they will go back down, so you might want to wait and see where they end up after all that so you don't have to do it twice.

Marla a/k/a Feistyemm
Surgery Date: 4/21/2005; HW: 333/ SW: 271/ CW:133/ GOAL: 150 or UNDER

Highest BMI: 54.7; BMI Now: 22.6 -- Jeans before surgery: 32. Now: 6
PS: 2006/7 LBL, Bracheoplasty & Upper Thigh Lift. 8/2012: UBackLift & Breast Implants
(redone 3 times). 7/17/18: vertical thigh lift (needs to be redone - left too much skin) &
replacement of 1 breast implant due to rupture (still needs to be fixed due to placement).

Could_It_Be
on 7/19/12 2:27 am
 Thanks everyone!!

I think for now I'm going to wait and see what happens with us TTC in the next couple of years.

I really appreciate the feedback! 

VSG on 6/22/11
Most Active