2 wks post op...after PSnew pics avail for strong at heart

pmann8
on 7/14/12 1:00 am
Had my lower thigh lift and abdominoplasty/panniculectomy on June 29. Surg went great, was in hosp for 1 day after surg on morphine pump and having the wierdest dreams ever, At one point my dtr  who stayed night with me said I was talking to PS doc about the sale he was offer ing on arms and that I wanted in on the "sale" saw our doggy runing the halls,and I was picking things out of mid air.....but no pain.  2 hrs after surg the nurses removed my cath and asked if I would like to stand next to my bed for a minute. I asked both of them just to be there but not aid me unless needed. I got our of bed and walked all the way down to end of hallway and back and was up and down to potty and walking as much as wanted t as long as someone was with me ( my dtr) NO restrictions. Couldn't wait to take shower on un after FRi surg...it was heaven!! Hubby watching me like a hawk, great guy!!! Iwalk, sit on patio in sun reading, nap in recliner, we own a osp bed which we had purchased for foot surg for my husband so I alternate netween the hosp bed in spare room and myown bed at night.Have been back to church, store and working "lightly" at our church Food Pantry.Unfortunately, still have 1 drain remaining but it should come out this Thurs at my 3 wk check up. Lots of little "lighting bolt" pain shots across surg site but doc said that is absolutely normal....nerves healing and rerouting! Ican have 1 or 2 of  750 mg Vicodin every 4-6 hrs if I need but am really only taking 1 in am1 inpmand 1 at bedtime.....I'm goofy enough without narcotics!!  I'm looking forward tobeing ableto return to normal activities and rejoin our gym for water aerobics which I had to stop  due to the recurrent infections. THe PS said he removed 96 oz lipo from hips and thigh area along with the two 5-6 lb bags of skin and fat hanging over my knees ea weighing 3-5 lbs and the stomach area which I lovingly named "Arturro" was approx 42 in wide and weighed 14 lbs but I haven't lost a lb.....in fact with alll the fluids and antibiotics pumped into me during surg, I weighed 8 lbs more after surg than before. Funny HUh????Oh well, still glad I had the proceedure done and will consider having my arms done after a trip to Wash DC in OCt to see The VietNam Wall and my husbands Huey helicopter which is in th Smithsonian museum. Cannot sy that I will miss wearing this binder after doc says it can go bye bye.....would rather wear spanks for extra support.

Tess145
on 7/14/12 7:52 am - Senatobia, MS
Congratulations!  I know you have got to feel so much better with the skin removed and no longer causing you infections.  One step at a time is how I am doing my surgeries too.  I am going to lift my backside and outer thighs next and then my arms.  Good luck to you as you move forward too!

Tess

Starting Wt 306; Losing Wt 155; Goal Wt 145: Regain Wt 225; Current Wt 157
PS:  FDL Tummy Tuck, Hernia Repair 5/17/12, TT Revision, Butt and Thigh Lift 4/18/13

godzilla
on 7/14/12 8:52 am - Israel
You have definitely come a kong way!!
Drink rest protein. Support you got.
Mikimi in Israel
cowgirl64505
on 7/15/12 9:34 am - Saint Joseph, MO
Thanks for posting the photos.  I've always wondered what other people's infections looked like.  I love your sense of humor, when dealing with all this mess and disappearing fat rolls, you have to have a sense of humor.  You're looking good and it looks like the swelling is going down.  You'll be back to your normal activities in no time.

Robin

Cherokeesage
on 7/15/12 2:59 pm
RNY on 02/24/12
Thanks for posting as it gives me a realistic idea of what plastic surgery looks like post op.   I know I'll need it but it will come down to finances.  

Banded  Oct 2008:  290       
RNY Feb 2012:        245    
Dr's set goal:            170 reached Oct 11, 2012
My goal:                     160  reached Dec 1, 2012
Today :                       145-150

I am half the person I was in 2008.

Most Active