post tummy tuck

laurajeann
on 7/29/12 1:10 am - Waterbury, CT
I am six weeks out from a breast lift, brachioplasty, tummy tuck and hernia repair.  Everything went pretty well and the recovery has been decent.  Friday night I noticed a lump (about the size of a med-;arge size marble) under my tummy tuck incision.  Initially I thought it might be another hernia, but it is above my hip bone (which I never felt before WLS !!)  Anyways, it doesn't look infected or red - definetely not swelling - I have that too.  Was supposed to see the doc Aug 6 but will probably call tomorrow.  Wonder if anyone has experienced anything like this or any thoughts on what it might be ?
feistyemm
on 7/29/12 1:19 am - Westchester, NY
 After six weeks, sounds strange to be a seroma -- maybe a cyst or something like that. No need for guessing -- good idea going to your doctor tomorrow! Congrats on your successful surgery!

Marla

Marla a/k/a Feistyemm
Surgery Date: 4/21/2005; HW: 333/ SW: 271/ CW:133/ GOAL: 150 or UNDER

Highest BMI: 54.7; BMI Now: 22.6 -- Jeans before surgery: 32. Now: 6
PS: 2006/7 LBL, Bracheoplasty & Upper Thigh Lift. 8/2012: UBackLift & Breast Implants
(redone 3 times). 7/17/18: vertical thigh lift (needs to be redone - left too much skin) &
replacement of 1 breast implant due to rupture (still needs to be fixed due to placement).

Lee ~
on 7/29/12 2:34 pm - CA
 I developed a seroma in my leg at five weeks post op.  it took six months but went away on its own. Mine was the size of a golf ball.

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

nicole W.
on 7/31/12 11:45 am - Bismarck, ND
 I have several areas like that. The only way I notice is when I am running my hand over my scars. The partner of my surgeon who saw me when I had a lot of extra swelling said it is just a thickening of the scar tissue, kind of like an internal keloid instead of keloiding on the outside. He said it was nothing to worry about. I have one over my left hip, and a thickening, not necessarily a lump, around my umbilicus and where the two incisions were sown together. 
 2007_0529WEIGHTLOSS0114 by you. 2007_0529WEIGHTLOSS0117 by you. Sparkles by you. 
Most Active