approved for my panni

superchickk51
on 9/3/12 7:49 am
 Ok i have a few questions, im due for my panni on sept 25 in dfw i live in san antonio i would like to find a dr that is closer to me has anyone ever changed drs after being approved? im also only 8 months out and 35lbs from goal but i have till october to get it done cause my insurance drops when i turn 26 

Patricia R.
on 9/3/12 3:26 pm - New Oxford, PA
I don't know the answer to your question.  But wanted to ask......after October when your insurance is dropped, will you be uninsured completely or covered by a new insurance?  The reason that I ask is because sometimes there are issues after surgery and if you are uninsured, you may be financially responisble.  And if you are covered by a different insurance, they may not cover the bills afterwards due to exclusions that they have on the policy.  If I were you, I'd go with the doctor you have for Sept 25th.  You may have to travel further but at least everything is already set up between the surgery and the insurance.  Good Luck!
superchickk51
on 9/3/12 3:55 pm
 I know but I just also started a new job and don't wanna lose it. My mom talked to the insurance and they said it shouldn't be a problem since Im already approved. Can't take too much time off work 
Pura Vida
on 9/3/12 5:36 pm - Costa Rica
one more thing to consider, at your age you may want to go ahead and pay the difference to get the full tummy tuck, you will be delighted with the result!

Heather

superchickk51
on 9/3/12 5:38 pm
 If I had the money I would go for the whole tuck but I don't really have the money to get it done:( 

Danae T.
on 9/4/12 9:10 am
You might want to have a plan in place for complications.  I had a BR/BL in late December.  It was covered 100% by insurance because we had already met our deductible and out of pocket max for the year.  Then, in early February I had to go back in and have drains surgically placed to get rid of seromas.  $2000 later I learned the true cost of my "free" surgery.  Now I am hoping to get my panni in October while I still have plenty of time for any complications to be covered under this years deductible and max out of pocket rules. 

Good luck!!  I will be making payments for the next two years on my complications, but at least I have nice perky girls. 

Danae T    
Most Active