BCBSofGA ... what was sent in for approval and your experiences?

caseykay2002
on 11/3/12 3:23 pm - Carrollton, GA
Plus and surgeon recommendations...thank you!
EthelMae
on 11/5/12 1:10 am - MD

Other than surgeon recommendations, I don't understand your question.

Are you asking if individuals received approval for PS through their insurance company?

~Barb
Highest - 279 (08/2009)     Program Weight - 256 (03/10)  Surgery Weight - 232 (05/24/11)     

caseykay2002
on 11/5/12 1:35 am - Carrollton, GA
Hi, I am asking about what information/documentation was sent in to insurance and was it approved or declined. Also if pictures
were sent and what size photos did they accept.

I will be sending in a complete packet with information and documentation including the letter of medical necessity but I am unsure about specifics and photos. With me submitting the packet this would help reduce time when waiting or requesting additional information and any delays. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Plus.... any recommendations for a good reconstructive surgeon in Georgia and if they have pictures before and after would be appreciated also.
Danae T.
on 11/5/12 4:26 am

I was denied twice while trying to figure out what they needed to prove medical necessity so I can see why you want to make sure you do it right the first time.  I sent in letters from my PS, my PCP and dermatologist, and my OB/GYN.  I also had six months of receipts for prescription refills for rash meds, four months of visits to the PCP for the rashes and two months for the dermatologist (they required that the recurring rashes be documented by both my PCP and a dermatologist), the surgical notes from surgery to show I was more than 1 year out from surgery, Dr notes enough to show that I had lost in excess of 100 lbs and been at a steady weight for at least six months.  I also sent in about 12 rash pics and the PS pics showing how low the panni hangs.  It ended up being about 35 pages and had to be mailed because the pics don't fax well.  I was finally approved and am scheduled for the 14th.  I am soooo excited.  Good luck!! 

Danae T    
caseykay2002
on 11/5/12 5:59 am - Carrollton, GA

Thank you so much for your input. I think we are just about on the same page with all the documents and LMN's, etc...

I will be submitting my packet in December cause I have one more month of documentation to go. I have spent so much OOP already to cover the meds and with twin 14 month olds...its getting very hard to maintain. What procedures were you approved for?

CONGRATS on the approval! I hope to be one of the lucky ones also. Fingers crossed

caseykay2002
on 11/5/12 6:10 am - Carrollton, GA

What size photos did you submit?

caseykay2002
on 12/13/12 9:34 pm - Carrollton, GA
Just submitted x2 a 69 page packet of info 2 blue cross blue shield Georgia. Pray for me that this gets approved. I am getting worse.

Thanks ♥
Most Active