Tummy Tuck vs 360 Lower Body Lift?

Ashley A.
on 11/9/12 11:04 pm - Dayton, OH
VSG on 06/27/12

Hey Everyone,

I had my first consult with a PS this Thursday. She feels that my upper body is okay to go into surgery as-is but recommends me to lose more before doing any work on my lower body since most of my weight is my hips/thighs. Her plan currently is to do a tummy tuck, arm lift, and breast lift at the same time. Then once I'm able to lose another 40-50 lbs talk about doing the remaining parts of the hips/thigh.

My original plan when I started looking into plastics was to get a 360 lower body lift and arm lift, and then later on do the breasts. I guess at this point, I just don't know if I'd be completely happy with just a tummy tuck, it seems like getting the lower body lift would benefit me more if I waited to have it done after I lose more weight.

I guess my question is, has anyone had a tummy tuck vs a lower body lift and not been satisfied with just the tummy tuck? Any thoughts and advice on this is appreciated.

Thank you.

Realize Band-12.1.08 Revision to VSG-6.27.12

Brooke F.
on 11/10/12 1:19 am - CA
I also went into this with the idea I needed a 360 lower body lift...I was told that I only needed a tummy tuck...

fast forward...

I went ahead with the full abdominoplasty and surprisingly I got a pretty big lift in my thighs from the procedure both the inside and outsides. My incision is so low that it really pulled up my thighs....and for *me* my problem was really my belly and my thighs. I was pretty happy about that little surprise!
My upper body is fine (other than my bat wings) I don't have back fat, and no rolls or creasing on my back so that wasn't an area of concern for me.

I'm only 19 days post op, but I'm doing so great! My swelling has really improved the last 4 days and I'm able to wear my pants again. I even went out with my ladies last night for a moms night out to a comedy show and laughed my face off and it didn't hurt! I'm loving my results just going with the tummy tuck and not the while lower lift procedure
Laura in Texas
on 11/10/12 10:59 am

Why are you in such a hurry? You are only 4.5 months out from your revision. Your results will be better if you only have surgery once.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Ashley A.
on 11/10/12 12:16 pm - Dayton, OH
VSG on 06/27/12

I'm not in a hurry. I've just really begun looking into plastics so I don't plan on getting this done for at least 6 months.

Laura in Texas
on 11/10/12 8:21 pm

I still think that is rushing things. If you are having a problem with rashes and back pain, I could see getting something done soon, but honestly I wanted to make sure I could maintain my loss before getting my torso done. I waited until I had maintained my weight 19 months before my lbl/bl. Even a small gain or loss can really mess up the results.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Ashley A.
on 11/10/12 10:43 pm - Dayton, OH
VSG on 06/27/12

I do get some rashing and have back pain but I agree with you, it would be best to wait until I have maintained for awhile. Thanks for the advice.

Iam_with_the_Band
on 11/10/12 4:49 pm, edited 11/10/12 4:49 pm

Just a thought, if you do lose 40 to 50 more lbs after your TT/brachioplasty and BL, you will need a revision.  Your results will suffer greatly with that weight loss. 

Just something to consider.  I know that wasn't the question of your post, but it is something to think about.  IF you're okay with a revision, then go for it.

About the LBL vs the TT.  I had a TT first  due to mobility issues after losing over 270lbs.  I returned for the revision after losing the last 50lbs and revised with an Anchor Cut TT and LBL.  A TT will do nothing basically for your thighs IF it's done in the traditional way.  If the incision is much lower, it may help a little bit, but having the incision lower sometimes cause problems with mobility depending upon how low the incision is done.

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

sublimate
on 11/14/12 11:22 am - San Jose, CA

I had a LBL and I think with the weight you are starting at you'll really want the full thing.  Look at the pictures on my profile about what is possible with a LBL.  You'll also see my rear end is smaller too, and I was also not at goal weight.  I've been maintaining for a while now, and still want to lose more, but I don't have the time to spend doing what I need to do right now.

Start weight: 388, Current Weight: 185, Goal Weight: 180, Weight Lost: 203 lbs
Certified Nutritionist VSG FAQsublimate: To elevate or uplift.
3/2012 Plastics: LBL, 3 Hernias Fixed, BL/BA, Rhinoplasty & Septum Fix. 6/2013 Plastics: Arm and thigh lift

Most Active