So should I be made or just blame on human error?

appleone1
on 11/17/12 12:54 am - houston, TX

Hello I had arm surgery on Nov 2 everything went fine so i thought but one arm came out great the one with more skin didn't and the reason being is the dr first did lipo on arms and arm swolled up and his cut was over estimated so he had to make to incisions in the arm cuz he didnt want the skin to tight and i would run into other problems with arm usage, so now i have a terrible wound and were doing wound care he says all he is concerned about now is getting the arm healed then he will go back in and do revisions or whatever necessary to make the scar a better appearance. He isn't happy with the outcome but he knows he had no other choice in operating room ., So should i be made or things to happen now i am happy the fat is gone  but the scar maybe not but that can be corrected right? with revision?????

Supergirl7877
on 11/17/12 1:07 am
Sorry sweetie. You are still healing so it is hard to know exactly what you're going to end up with. Are you comfortable with your ps? I feel that sometimes things just happen no matter how skilled the ps is. It sounds like he has been open and honest with you about what happened and he is willing do the revisions necessary.

I am sorry you're having to deal with all this. I know that for me ps held so much hope...prayers for you!
Laura in Texas
on 11/17/12 8:06 am, edited 11/17/12 8:06 am

I don't necessarily consider it "human error". I think after losing massive amounts of weight, our bodies are a complete mess and trying to put them back together again is hard.

My plastic surgeon is one of the best and has extensive experience with bariatric patients, yet he is not perfect either (I would say he is pretty close, though). He understands it is hard to get things right with us the first time which is why he generally schedules work in 2 stages. On the second stage he can go back and touch up anything from the first round that needs fixing.

Get him to fix the problem later and just focus on your recovery right now.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

jeterway
on 11/17/12 9:13 am

I had an issue with a round of plastics as well.  It happened one week after surgery.  I don't know that it was anyone's fault.  I don't know that we will ever really know the cause of the problem but it is resolved.   I have complete confidence in the doctor's abilities and would use him again in a heartbeat.  He has been wonderful in dealing with the complication.  He as already completed a repair and has given me access to him and his staff that is not normally granted to most patients.  We do have our healing issues.  If you feel confident in his/her abilities, I say let them do the repair.

Most Active