Home Again from complications arm surgery..

appleone1
on 11/22/12 5:48 am - houston, TX

Ok I posted an earlier post about prior arm surgery and one arm had some problems. well i went to the er and was admitted just got out was there for five days, my ps took me back into the operating room to debried my arm and now i have a wound vac, i was a little depressed at first and couldnt bear to look at my arm.. He is doing everything he can to get my healed..So like someone posted before our bodies are already in terrible shape and theres always a chance if something going wrong even if u do have the best plastic surgery in town. guess just have to wait on time, thanks for the post they were very helpful and gives hope to know that others are going threw the same thing.laugh

jeterway
on 11/22/12 6:59 am
Well they must have thought that he could improve things some by taking you back in. I give him credit for acting quickly so that you wouldn't have recovery from two surgeries. I had an issue with my surgery as well, we gave it a little time to correct itself, it didn't, and my doc did the same thing for me. Was a little rough of a recovery at the time but I would rather of had that rather than wait for the first surgery to heal and then go thru it again. I am very happy with my results, I hope that you will be too. Take care of yourself.

godzilla
on 11/22/12 8:54 pm - Israel
If it was debrided it had not only opened (dehiscence) but slough/gangrene.
Been there and done that at my T of the TT and as Israel is Socialized Medicine and I live alone in a hi-rise building three and half hours away via buses, my PS fought for me to stay in hospital while on the Wound Vac. It,later named by me as Jack, were very close"friends" for about seven weeks.
Hope the rest of your healing progresses more cooperatively! It is all a processs...
Mikimi in Israel
Most Active