First Plastics Visit!

Cinn
on 2/8/13 5:02 am - MI

I'm in a whirlwind right now. I'm 4 1/2 years post op Rny.  Just got the nerve up to make this decision. It took me two years to be ready for Rny, and 4 for plastics.

I LOVE the surgeon I saw. He was wonderful. I have a stage 4 pannnus and he estimates about 15 lbs. of skin.

We decided on the belt procedure. All the around. Yikes. I'm nervous but ready for this. It's going to cost a WAD. They'll attempt to get Blue Care Network approval for the pannus--$1500. The rest is up to me. It's a LOT. I applied to a finance comapny on-line (referred by the surgeon) and got approved for $5400 financing toward the surgery! kiss

So now I'm waiting and saving. I can't believe this might happen. I'm down 115 lbs. since my highest ever weight. I'm still in size 20 jeans to keep this HUGE pannus in. I cannot imagine having a flat tummy, let alone a belly button placed where it belongs.

I had LOTS of complications for Rny, so I'm a bit nervous about this. I need lots of support!

godzilla
on 2/8/13 5:11 am - Israel
You will so enjoy your flat tummy when you get it!
I had complications but I don't regret it.
Mikimi in Israel
exohexoh
on 2/8/13 8:31 am - West Chester, PA

i had my consultation on wednesday and got the thumbs up from my parents that they were going to help out with it! he recommended an extended tummy tuck with lipo on my upper abdomen, hips, and thighs. then if i want a second surgery (which probably wouldn't be for another year or two) a transverse thigh lift and breast reduction/lift, and maybe brachioplasty depending how i'm feeling about my arms then

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

Cinn
on 2/11/13 12:29 am - MI

Maybe some day I'll want to get the 'girls' put back where they belong, or get my thighs fixed. Right now I can't think that far ahead. I just pray insurance agrees to their portion of the tummy surgery. I'm really ready to have this huge floppy belly removed.

Laura in Texas
on 2/11/13 3:02 am

Hi, Cinn!! I remember you from the RNY forum. You and I had our RNY the same month. Good to see you here.

I had my lbl/bl almost 2 years ago. Best decision ever. It made me feel "whole" again. Good luck on your journey!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Cinn
on 2/12/13 2:57 am - MI

Thanks Laura. Well, you know I had a lot of trouble with my Rny, so I've been surgery shy. Took me all this time to get the nerve up and to be ready for plastics. My primary care physician is the one *****ferred me to the surgeon. She said most people don't wait 4 years. LOL. But most people don't have the complications I did, either.

But here I am and I'm ready. Yikes! You're doing GREAT by the way! I'm hovering over 200 lbs. I'm hoping I can change that when this gigantic belly isn't in the way.

Most Active