Is there any one who has had a arm life and had complications?

appleone1
on 12/15/12 7:18 am - houston, TX

I need someone to tell me this will been fine im very depressed.. had arm lift as a result i have a wound vac on. since nov 22 i never looked at my arm cause i remember the condition it was in when i was admitted to the er. and had to have arm derived, so finally had enough courage to look at it today since i go three times a week for dressing change. and OMG the hole is still deep dr and nurse say its improved drastically but seems like to me all im seeing it this swallow hole and that just disturbs me. Dr is concerned about scarring im concerned with this cadar hole im seeing will that every fill in.. He says yes because now i have to go in for  a skin graft. Also since he made this problem im gonna be incurring some of the medical bills not only has this cause me to be off work but isnt there something i can do?  or is this just part of having plastic surgery the risk you take?

SweetLilyAnn
on 12/15/12 10:36 am - TX

Oh goodness, this sounds soooo hard. I am so sorry that you are having to deal with this.  Do you mind telling me your  whole brachioplasty story?  I can't believe that you have gone through this.  Sorry if by asking this, you would be repeating yourself from a past post,  if so, you can just send me a link to that so I can catch up on your story.  Keeping you in my prayers.  

HW: 328   GW: 164  CW: 159  Height - 5' 8"  
GOAL REACHED 12/15/2012!!!!!!!!!

RNY Surgery Date:  6/21/11  
LBL/BL  - 11/6/2012 Arm Lift with Abdominal Lipo - 12/11/2012 - Dr. Paul PIn
Love me without restriction, trust me without fear, want me without demand and accept me for who I am.         - unknown - 

Supergirl7877
on 12/15/12 11:44 am
http://m.obesityhelp.com/forums/plasticsurgery/4587454/Define-Malpractice/

Supergirl7877
on 12/15/12 11:48 am
I am also so sorry you are going through this. I can't even imagine. I don't think it would hurt anything to take all the documents you signed pre-op and go consult with an attorney. Most (around here) offer free consultations. I would be sure to talk to more than one attorney. I know most of the papers I signed basically said the goal isn't perfection but improvement....I am doubtful the wound vac is improvement.

Prayers for you! Keep your chin up!!
cleos_mom
on 12/15/12 12:50 pm - phila., PA
It will fill in it just takes TIME, that happened on my inner thigh my leg guts would hang out when I sat n when I stood it was a he it made me week in my knees when u looked at it , it too several months to heal it heals from the inside out n it seems like forever but once u notice the healing it seems to go faster.
GOID LUCK to you, sometimes this just happens
Most Active