ANy covered Tummy tuck with United Healthcare or BCBS of TN

Reesheda H.
on 1/8/13 11:41 am - Jackson, MS

I have two insurances and desperately need tummy tuck and breast augmentation any on had either approved with the above insurance companies

sonnieN
on 1/10/13 2:13 am - grand rapids, MI

Even if someone did have a TT covered w/ either of those insurance companies they may have different coverage than you do which means approval can be different. In order to find out if it may be covered under your insurance plan you need to go thru your insurance rider that your company purchased. Each company can choose different riders that will include or exclude different things to keep costs minimal. I have United Healthcare and the rider that my company purchased excludes any type of reconstructive surgery due to extreme weight loss including weight loss due to bariatric surgery. Only reconstructive surgery that is covered is breast reconstruction after a mastectomy. So go to your human resources area on your companies intranet or however you do it and read thru the insurance manual. Lucky for me I had my surgery 6 months before my firm changed to UHC and I got it covered w/ Empire Blue Cross after an appeal.

Most Active