Pre op appt. today, what should I expect?

melizabeth
on 2/17/13 11:34 pm - CA

I am having my pre op appointment today for an extended tummy tuck.  I was told it will take and hour and a half and that it was okay to eat breakfast.  Could you fill me in on what I will be doing today from your experience?

Melizabeth

RYN 9/20/11--HW 211--CW120--Extended TT 3/7/13   

GOAL Weight 120 met 18 months post op

Tess145
on 2/18/13 12:29 am - Senatobia, MS

Has your doctor already taken all your pictures prior to your pre op?  If so, during my pre op I filled out all of my paperwork for the surgery, made my last payment to the surgeon.  Got results from any blood work and x-rays taken.  The surgeon at our meeting went ahead and marked my body up one more time to go over everything that would be done the day of surgery and to make sure we were on the same page as to what was being done.

Two weeks prior to my surgery, I mailed in my payment to the hospital and to the anesthesiologist.  Day of surgery, got to hospital, check in, signed any remaining paperwork required, got sent  down to the OR to undress, get marked up, and knocked out.   Ready for surgery!!

Tess

Starting Wt 306; Losing Wt 155; Goal Wt 145: Regain Wt 225; Current Wt 157
PS:  FDL Tummy Tuck, Hernia Repair 5/17/12, TT Revision, Butt and Thigh Lift 4/18/13

melizabeth
on 2/19/13 12:53 am - CA

Tess, thank you for your reply.  I had photos taken, blood work, ekg and tons of paperwork.  I couldn't sleep last night because of questions I forgot to ask :(   Could you answer these questions for me?

1. In my paperwork it says to purchase a lightweight panty girdle. Did you wear a light weight panty girdle right away too?  I know I will have a binder provided at the surgical facility. 

2. What panties should I wear after surgery, briefs and loose fitting? 

3. Did you have nausea after surgery that you needed suppositories?  I was given a RX to purchase just incase of nausea.

4. I was told to wear loose fitting clothes, something that zips or buttons up to wear home.  What did you take to wear, a robe or clothes?

Thanks for you help.

Melizabeth

RYN 9/20/11--HW 211--CW120--Extended TT 3/7/13   

GOAL Weight 120 met 18 months post op

Most Active