What to wear post TT?

melizabeth
on 3/3/13 12:17 am - CA

Thursday I'm scheduled for an extended TT.  The doctor said to wear something that zipped up or buttoned up front.  What did you wear after surgery.  I see a lot of people wore men's pjs, any other suggestions for laying around in?  Do you wear panties home from the hospital?

Melizabeth

RYN 9/20/11--HW 211--CW120--Extended TT 3/7/13   

GOAL Weight 120 met 18 months post op

kathkeb
on 3/3/13 5:34 am

I bought some large sweat pants and a large 'work shirt' ..denim thing from Goodwill

i wor that with socks and sandals to the hospital.

i don't think that I had panties on going home ... I was pretty wrapped up in bandages and I think I just slipped the sweats on, buttoned up the shirt and got to the car.

At home, I lived in sweats and comfy shirts for the first week ... Then , more fitted clothes, but I did not get back into my pre surgery pants for a few weeks.

I work from home, so that worked for me without having to buy extra clothes.

good luck on Thursday.  It is a major surgery, you should be prepared for that, but the results are SO worth it!!!

Kath

emelar
on 3/3/13 1:02 pm - TX

Large sweat pants and zip up hoodie. At home, I'd wander around in just the compression garment and pj tops, but I was in bed a lot!

curious3069
on 3/3/13 7:05 pm - Newton, IL

I did not wear panties home, just the zip up compression garment and a pair of sweats...and a hoodie.  Haven't been in panties at all yet since surgery on 2/26...really just rolling with that one, still have a drain in so not in a big rush to get back into them

Tess145
on 3/3/13 11:13 pm - Senatobia, MS

I wore big loose panties and button up housecoats.  I would slip the drains between the buttons and into the pockets of coat.  I also had loose tie waisted jogging pants that I wore out in the public with loose T-Shirts or shirts.  On the way home from hospital, I just wore my buttoned housecoat and house shoes.  That was all folks!

Tess

Starting Wt 306; Losing Wt 155; Goal Wt 145: Regain Wt 225; Current Wt 157
PS:  FDL Tummy Tuck, Hernia Repair 5/17/12, TT Revision, Butt and Thigh Lift 4/18/13

Most Active