6 days post op TT, when will I feel myself again?

melizabeth
on 3/13/13 1:28 am - CA
I'm 59, in good health. Just wondering how long I Will be on the couch.

Melizabeth

RYN 9/20/11--HW 211--CW120--Extended TT 3/7/13   

GOAL Weight 120 met 18 months post op

sonnieN
on 3/13/13 1:44 am - grand rapids, MI

I was 36 and in great health and physical condition and didn't feel 100% until about 6 or 7 weeks out. At about 2-3 weeks I was able to get out and do some things but still tired easily and needed naps throughout the day. Your body is working hard to heal as well as it takes a while for the anesthesia to work itself out of your body. Someone told me once (not sure if it's true) that it takes 1 month for each hour you are under to get over the anesthesia.

Tess145
on 3/13/13 1:50 am - Senatobia, MS

I was 52 when I had my surgery and the first 10 days were the worst.  After that time, I felt that I turn the corner and was able to get around and out and about better after that.  I still was off work for 5 weeks.

Tess

Starting Wt 306; Losing Wt 155; Goal Wt 145: Regain Wt 225; Current Wt 157
PS:  FDL Tummy Tuck, Hernia Repair 5/17/12, TT Revision, Butt and Thigh Lift 4/18/13

emelar
on 3/13/13 1:51 am - TX

Probably a few more weeks.  It took 2 1/2 weeks for the anesthesia to fully wear off.  One day, I woke up and went "Oh, my brain is back!"  I had been functioning, but foggy up until then.  Getting the drains out was another turning point for me, and I don't know why.  They didn't hurt.  They were a nuisance, but that's about it.  But the day after the last one came out, I felt so much better.

I guess my message is, you have to have patience.  It takes time, but you WILL feel better every day.

Most Active