Any additional weight loss after TT

melizabeth
on 3/14/13 12:56 am - CA
The doctor said he weighed the tissue he removed which was 4 1/2 pounds. Besides what wad removed did you lose additional weight?

Melizabeth

RYN 9/20/11--HW 211--CW120--Extended TT 3/7/13   

GOAL Weight 120 met 18 months post op

emelar
on 3/14/13 2:08 am - TX

Don't count on any weight loss from PS.  Some people lose, some gain, some stay the same.  My surgeon said his patients will typically lose up to 10 pounds as a result of a revved up metabolism as the body heals - and the 10 pounds usually comes right back on as the metabolism goes back to normal.

I had around 6 pounds removed, 6 weeks ago.  Last time I weighed, I was down 8 pounds.  I was shocked.  I feel like I've been eating like a piglet.  But again, a lot of that is going towards healing.  And I notice that my appetite is gradually dropping down into a more normal range the further out I get.

melizabeth
on 3/14/13 2:47 am - CA
Just 7 days post op and not much of an appetite at all. I had terrible nausea up until yesterday. I'm off the nausea medication now, but still not much of an appetite. Maybe It's the pain medication. How long did you take pain medications?

Melizabeth

RYN 9/20/11--HW 211--CW120--Extended TT 3/7/13   

GOAL Weight 120 met 18 months post op

emelar
on 3/14/13 3:31 am - TX

I took the pain meds for the first 3 weeks.  Not every dose, but at least once or twice a day.  And took a boatload of colace to go with it!   But  I also didn't have any nausea except for immediately after surgery, and only when they tried to get me on my feet the first time.  The nausea is probably still affecting your appetite.

I was craving protein after the first few days and couldn't seem to get enough.  I WANTED the protein shakes and bars.  It wasn't even that I really had any desire to eat, just a need for protein.

Jennifer K.
on 3/19/13 9:29 am - Phoenix , AZ

I am over a year post-op, the surgeon removed almost 5 lbs and I weigh exactly the same as pre-op... I still wear the same size which was surprising... however pants/jeans fit much better... a lot of my pre-op shirts and pants were too big post op from being stretched out by my big ole belly.

First visit to surgeon - 288 ~ bmi 45.1
2 week pre-op 252 ~ bmi 39.5
Total lost - 153 Since surgery - 117!
Goal weight - 155 (mine) 180 (surgeons)
Current weight - 135 (2020 I lost 10lbs due to dedicating myself to working out more and being in better shape)

Extended TT, lipo, fat injections - 11/2011

BA/BL/Arm Lift - 7/2014

Scar revision on arms - 3/2015

HALO laser on arms/neck 9/2016

Thigh lift 10/2020

Most Active