How long are you hunched over after extended TT?

melizabeth
on 3/15/13 12:17 pm - CA
I'm 8 days post op. Standing up straighter everyday. Anxious to know when I can expect to stand up normal without people noticing I'm stooped over.

Melizabeth

RYN 9/20/11--HW 211--CW120--Extended TT 3/7/13   

GOAL Weight 120 met 18 months post op

emelar
on 3/16/13 2:12 am - TX

4-5 weeks.  I'm 7 weeks out and still feel like I'm not entirely straightened out, but it's not noticeable to anyone else.

melizabeth
on 3/16/13 3:35 am - CA
Ugh! Did you wear a cotton t-shirt under your binder? If so, then what did you wear over that?

Melizabeth

RYN 9/20/11--HW 211--CW120--Extended TT 3/7/13   

GOAL Weight 120 met 18 months post op

emelar
on 3/16/13 3:44 am - TX

http://marenagroup.com/garmentstore/product/tabid/199/p-94-mid-thigh-length-girdle.aspx

This is the compression garment I have.  I guess it's not really a binder as much as a girdle.  No, I wore nothing under it - there wasn't any space for anything underneath.  It's pretty comfortable.  The only issue I've had in the past few weeks is that it puts too much pressure on my stomach and has been giving me indigestion.  But I can upzip/unhook the top waistband and that takes care of the problem.  I wear panties over it when I'm at work to take care of the crotchless part of it!

After a few weeks, I felt pretty straight except when I was tired or the swelling started.  Then I was felt I was being pulled into fetal position again.

kathkeb
on 3/17/13 3:40 pm

I was upright from the day after surgery.

The nurses commented on it at my post op appointment.  I didn't know any better or I would have hunched over...LOL

i bought some men's tank style t shirts that are really long and wore them under my binder and then sweat pants and t-shirts over that.

i work from home, so it is just me and the dog ..... She doesn't care what I look like as long as I have treats!!!

Kath

laurak712
on 3/18/13 12:26 am - New Braunfels, TX
It took me at least a couple of months to stand up completely straight. And about the tshirt under the garment...yes I bought men's "wife beaters" and cut off the tops and they ended up like a long tube top. They were very very thin and went perfectly under the compression garment. I wore my garment 24/7 for 3 months so it really helped my skin to wear those.

Laura

Height 5' 7

Jennifer K.
on 3/19/13 9:21 am - Phoenix , AZ

I was hunched a little over 3 weeks... by the 2nd week postop I stopped propping myself up in bed so the skin could start to relax and I wouldnt be hunched... I did little by little to easy myself back flat... I wore tanks under my ccompression garment, that really helped 

First visit to surgeon - 288 ~ bmi 45.1
2 week pre-op 252 ~ bmi 39.5
Total lost - 153 Since surgery - 117!
Goal weight - 155 (mine) 180 (surgeons)
Current weight - 135 (2020 I lost 10lbs due to dedicating myself to working out more and being in better shape)

Extended TT, lipo, fat injections - 11/2011

BA/BL/Arm Lift - 7/2014

Scar revision on arms - 3/2015

HALO laser on arms/neck 9/2016

Thigh lift 10/2020

Most Active