Arm lift folks help! Stinky pits =o(

furiosmommy
on 6/16/13 8:28 am - Phoenix, AZ

For those of you that have had an arm lift how soon could you wear deodorant? I'm only a little over a week out so I know it'll be a while. Being in Phoenix is HOT and I really miss my Secret Outlast! Currently I'm just washing daily, dabbing with a baby wipe as needed through the day and using gauze pads to catch any moisture. That seems to be working pretty well, but from time to time I catch a whiff of my pits, it's embarrassing. Also... shaving. Obviously if I shave I need to be SUPER careful. My incision is pretty deep into my armpit. I'm getting my sutures out later this week and would hate to go in with stinky and hairy pits. I'm sure most PS are used to seeing that, but I like to be clean and fresh smelling at all times. Any tips?

~ Nikki ~  Loving my rad new life!
VSG 1/4/2011

Lost 150lbs, gained back 50lbs.

Back on track and hope to

compete as a Powerlifter soon!!

Laura in Texas
on 6/16/13 1:03 pm

I did not risk shaving or using deodorant for a long time. The cost of surgery for me was not worth the risk of messing it up. Ask your doctor when you and shave and use deodorant. Honestly, I think I waited 3 months.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

alla B.
on 6/16/13 11:56 pm

I think my surgeon told me that after arm lift I will not need deodorant anymore and shaving cream as well.

I have openings in my armpits , but it is not smelling.

You need to ask your surgeon about deodorant.

Alla

PART 1 VSG  03/28/2006;  PART 2   DS  01/31/20007

Iam_with_the_Band
on 6/17/13 6:48 pm

After my brachioplasty, I no longer need to shave or need deodorant.  I guess he removed the areas that caused odor and hair.  I would field that question to your surgeon.

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

MyLady Heidi
on 6/18/13 5:41 am

Same for me.

Shelly C.
on 6/18/13 11:31 am - Alameda, CA

I started wearing my secret on the areas that were not cut a couple of weeks out. I shaved the minimal hair left a couple of weeks out, careful not to go to close to the incision.

Extended Tummy Tuck w lipo/Muscle Repair // BL/Aug // Arm Lift Aug 2012
furiosmommy
on 6/19/13 6:41 am - Phoenix, AZ

Thanks for the responses. That's what I'm thinking Shelly. I guess I wasn't as lucky as the rest to have my sweat and hair glands removed during surgery. Luckily the hair that is there is much much less. The smell I think may just be healing and incision stuff, but I'll keep the gauze in there to keep the moisture down. I see the surgeon tomorrow so we'll see what he says. Thanks!

~ Nikki ~  Loving my rad new life!
VSG 1/4/2011

Lost 150lbs, gained back 50lbs.

Back on track and hope to

compete as a Powerlifter soon!!

Most Active