Dog ears after Breast Lift Reduction and bureaucracy

godzilla
on 7/3/13 10:56 pm, edited 7/3/13 10:58 pm - Israel
I saw the head Plastics of my HMO of the entire country on Tuesday. He may be a professor with many credentials and written many articles but he is lacking in bedside manner.
He asked questions and I answered. He examined and pinched and photographed the dog ears. Then he told he would give an answer in a days time as to if he would give approval for HMO to cover expense of my seeing my PS today. In Israel it is a regular day.
This head honcho sends me a text message an hour and a half later that in the paperwork he found a paper of appeal of mine from February where he said "NO" when I was applying for thighplasty and revision of dog-ears. Problem is that Ministry of Health "closed" my file on the computer it highers-up are still working on it.
And I am in pain now from these dog-ears! The left side feels like a knotted rope and the right like knotted shoelaces.
Today I had medical review in hospital where my PS is and I paid out of pocket clinic visit-nominal price 123SH ($=3.6SH).
Decision: day surgery with local anesthetic but each side seperately. Went to make the appointment and was given for January 2014! I asked for earlier and my PS requested it too but only on Sunday can I call to speak to secretary who schedules "special treatment" slots. Price will be 1000SH each - unless based on the code I can convince my HMO to cover the costs.
I will still need to do blood tests and chest X-ray and EKG.
But something known as relief on the horizon - I hope.
Mikimi in Israel
MyBariatricLife
on 7/3/13 11:04 pm

Sorry that you have to go through all this BS (bullsh*t). Hopefully you will get an earlier surgery that is covered. As for me, I did not even try to get my insurance to cover my TT. It was not like I am rolling in cash and thought nothing of paying out of pocket, but rather I just could not put myself through the BS of appeals. It is unlikely mine would be covered, as I was told mine was not that bad (although to me it was bad). 

Good luck!

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

godzilla
on 7/3/13 11:21 pm - Israel
Israel HMO is similar to NHS of UK.
I get Disability from govmt. But I refuse to live in continued pain.
I would love to talk with you on phone.
My mobile service has unlimited calls to 55 countries and I now have an American number attached to my mobile that ppl can call me from the US and it would just be a regular long-distance call within the States. 1- 914-336-4218. Right now it is 16:22.
Mikimi in Israel

Most Active