Question re: Dr. Capella LBL

Mary131
on 8/26/13 7:54 am
I am wondering if anyone has has Dr. Capella perform butt augmentation at the same time as a LBL.

I am narrowing my plastic surgeon choices down to 2 after research and more research to Dr. Capella or Dr. Lomonaco. I do not see any photos of butt augmentation for Dr. Capella s patients.

No matter who I go to see, I'll need to travel, since there is no one where I live that has significant experience with MWL patients. I plan on staying in a hotel or some kind of after care facility, then hotel for 2-3 weeks and will need to hire an aide to help me the first few days post surgery.

Thank you for your help!
suzie12345
on 8/26/13 1:09 pm

I understand that Dr Capella does not do butt augmentation. However, I used Dr capella- he did lbl, arms, breast lift, flanks (sides- so skin doesn't hang over bra on the sides) and muscle tightening in one 6 hr surgery. His work is amazing. I had no complications at all, although i followed his directions, was very healthy and took great care of myself- incl taking it easy , and i used a power lift chair, and other stuff as needed. His scars are very well placed and done very well. Also by him doing so much at once, it was cheaper than getting stuff done one procedure at a time and one recuperation. Now i need to get my thighs done- which i want him to do. Good luck. 

MyBariatricLife
on 8/26/13 3:10 pm, edited 8/26/13 3:10 pm

Dr. Capella doesn't do auto augmentation but you need to discuss your results with him because I have seen him do amazing things recently by repositioning the fat in that area. I mean really amazing. He is doing my work on Oct 10. I've already had a tummy tuck with him and it came out fabulous. 

I travel to him, as well. I can give you travel advice if and when the time is right.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Mary131
on 8/26/13 6:26 pm
Thank you for the responses. I'm thinking that I need to concentrate the next 6 months on building up my own butt muscles through exercise and see how far that gets me before I begin flying out for consultations.

Thank you again! Any other responses are greatly appreciated.
MyBariatricLife
on 8/26/13 10:26 pm, edited 8/26/13 11:27 pm

I've been building up my Pinterest board with "Brazilian butt lift" exercises. I don't want an arse like J-Lo but I would like one that is bootylicious. I certainly want to maintain if not build upon what I get on Oct 10 when Dr. Capella does my next surgeries. 

I do like that Dr. LoMonaco does the auto augmentation as part of his body lift. I have corresponded with him via email and on this board and really like his perspectives.

I thought that I read somewhere that the fat used in auto augmentation dies and falls down the butt. Do you know anything about that? 

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Mary131
on 8/27/13 12:33 am
http://messageboards.makemeheal.com/buttocks-augmentation/fat-grafting-info-thread-t136238.html

Here is some information that I found helpful....as you can see, it varies.
MyBariatricLife
on 8/27/13 12:30 pm

Thank you!

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

MyBariatricLife
on 8/29/13 12:33 pm

I spoke with Dr. C this afternoon. He recently was at an ASPS medical conference and auto augmentation was discussed a lot. He said the surgeons who were doing it are backing off because it doesn't work. There is too much infection and death of the fat. He said he already knew that and it is why he doesn't do it. He told me he knows how to do it but that I don't even have enough fat on my body to harvest and use that it would make any appreciable difference. He assured me that he would make my butt - and this is his exact word - "pretty." 

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

MyBariatricLife
on 8/27/13 12:25 pm

Mary, in case you are interested, I just posted an interview with Dr. Capella about plastic surgery after weight loss: http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/2i35hp/www.healthcentral.com/o besity/c/276918/162591/interview-capella-plastic-1?ap=831/

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

(deactivated member)
on 8/28/13 3:16 am
I have surgery with him tomorrow! I will let you know how it goes I did a TON of research and he was the best I could find.

I also will be updating you tube (befores and research all ready up) and will be updating it daily. If interested this is how my scars look after two years-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cqoHbuMqfc

Tomorrow will be boobs, lipo, and am extended arm lift!
Most Active