Thoughts: Body Image vs Reality Check on Life

godzilla
on 9/22/13 3:22 pm - Israel
I have had TT and a year later BL/BR - both paid for under my HMO and after appeal but both surgeries I had wound healing issues and my body scars ugly.
Also as my HMO paid they do so on the minimalist approach to how much skin is removed in the actual surgery. The TT was a Panni and the breasts were just the breasts and not "the tail of the breast" which is where the side boob blubber is.
I look way better now at 78-80K (1K=2.2lbs) than I slides when I weighed 120K at my small height of 152cm/5ft.
However now that my tummy is flat and the boobs don't hang like swinging pendulums my thigh look like huge tree trunks and my upper abdomen under the breasts appear to me like a wooden wine/beer barrel.
Are we ever satisfied with our bodies?
I am not miserable in my body and I am okay with it but wish my HMO would agree to more procedures for me. Or that I had lots of money to pay to do said procedures privately.
Also even after TT my waist measurement is (I have tape measure in cm and inch) 38'' which from what I understand is still too big for a woman. I cannot remove anymore from the abdomen although there is blubber on my backside and inner thighs. My cholesterol is normal and my HbA1C is 3.7, low.
Another thing I have noticed is that when I am on buses (I don't drive) I am much more aware of the overweight people around me - but thinking in my mind on why don't they do something about their fatness without considering of they might be in a program or not. In Israel one sees soldiers a lot. Yesterday I was on a bus that also enters the city hospital. Three female soldiers got on and one seemed huge and I thought to myself that the army probably had to give her men's uniform. And then I thought, omg, "did I also look like that?"
Mikimi in Israel
jeterway
on 9/22/13 11:05 pm
I am so with you on my thought process. I was lucky in that my tummy tuck was covered because it was part of a prophylactic mastectomy with reconstruction from my abdomen. I thought that was all I wanted but then that looked so good, I had to do my thighs. Then I moved on to my arms. I am lucky in that I can afford to pay for these last two. Realistically I could have lived with my arms but since I could afford it, why not. We lived with obese bodies for so long and now I look at myself so critically. My waist is 35, which is an ugly number for me but ssssssoooooo much better than before since I carried so much of my weight in the tummy.
I am also with you when I look at others who are like I was. I want to tell them there is help. But if they are not ready to hear it, it will do them no good. The good thing is that there is a lot of discussion of these surgeries in the US now, so most folks should hear it at some point and get the idea planted in their heads. I started my research because of a commercial for lap band surgery and I guess I heard it at the right time for me.
JoAnn

godzilla
on 9/23/13 12:17 am - Israel
And how unhealthy is a waist measurement of more than 35'' if I have already had the TT. And who devises these health charts.
The way most of us were so morbidly obese it seems like the health chart number will never be our reality.
Mikimi
Angela B.
on 9/22/13 11:07 pm - Austin, IN
I'm having a "fat day" and wondering too if I will ever be content lol. Lord help us!

jeterway
on 9/23/13 3:12 am
I know what you mean. If only I was where I am mentally and emotionally now 30 years ago, I never would have gotten that big. I look at myself so critically now. So days I change my clothes 3 times before I am happy with how I look. Before I didn't really care what it looked like as long as it was covered.

Babe2013
on 9/30/13 4:33 pm

I did not get what I expected from my surgery and sometimes I wish that I had never had it done. 

Most Active