Uh oh!

BellaSaid35
on 11/17/13 8:59 am

Took a BIG fall down the stairs 11 days post tummy tuck. Now have a seroma that needs to be drained. :( I also have what looks like a Picasso painting in bruises across my bum and thigh! For the record, wood steps and socks don't mix.

Anyway, anyone else experience and seroma post surgery that had to be aspirated? Not worried about pain cause goodness knows I've dealt with more, but just about how long it took to get yours under control. Multiple aspirations? Weeks? 

Thanks in advance! :) 

Rny 2.14.12

godzilla
on 11/17/13 11:27 am - Israel
I had dehiscence and slough to gangrene.
Sermons are knot that uncommon and can happen even if you had not fallen.
Hopefully someone else who has had seton as will chime in.
Some seromas are easily drained and some more complicated.
If you go to search engine on the ps board, type in seroma after tummy tuck' and I'm sure quite a few posts will pop up for you to read- they will calm you and frighten you depending on each cir****tance.
Speedy Healing,
Mikimi in Israel
Mlkpas
on 11/17/13 1:31 pm - Pasadena, CA

I had a seroma in my mons and it took about two weeks of aspirations every few days to get it under control.  Part of the problem was that the compression garment didn't really compress the crotch very well so it took longer than if it had been higher on my abdomen.  But over all it wasn't a major deal.  I was happy I'd taken four weeks off work after surgery, though!

I'm 5'2" and 55 years old.  VSG 3/17/10

MyBariatricLife
on 11/17/13 8:18 pm

What a crappy place to have a seroma! 

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

MyBariatricLife
on 11/17/13 8:20 pm

Sorry about your fall but glad you did not interrupt your suture line or muscle plication.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

alla B.
on 11/18/13 12:53 am

I had seroma after my  TT.

My PS did drained it 3 times a week for 1 year, it was so stubborn did not go away and he removed surgically 1 year after my TT and took more skin.

I did not have any seromas since then.

Good luck.

PART 1 VSG  03/28/2006;  PART 2   DS  01/31/20007

MyBariatricLife
on 11/18/13 10:47 am

Wow, that sucks!

My arms have delayed healing. Dr. C is sending me nitrate sticks. Do they hurt? Did they help?

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Most Active