Home from tummy tuck adventure

Miss150
on 11/22/13 10:43 pm
Wellp, I made it through and am home in the comfy chair with my trusty protein shake  at my side (not a bit hungry, but was told to keep the protein up for healing)  I guess the surgery went so well that they decided to do it twice!  The nurses discovered internal bleeding in two places and I had to go back into surgery to address it.  I know-bummer, but on the  positive side, thank God for those nurses, I could have been home an hour away before realizing something was wrong.  It was a long time under antheasia -The actual procedure went real well- am told, but haven't looked yet, that I'm flat as a board.  Whoo-hoo.  Totally hunched over.  Not in too much pain.   Gearing myself up to stay positive and do what needs to be done to recover and heal well.  Crazy- no muscle tightening or lipo (no fat to lipo) needed.  I was told I was tiny--Me?  Ha- truely a first in my life.     goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145    TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!          

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

MyBariatricLife
on 11/23/13 11:26 am

Awesome stats, congrats on your weight loss!!!! I'll bet you lose a bunch more across the next 3-months. Good healing to you and, FYI, a naturopath told me to keep my protein 150-200g/day for healing. 

How in the world did the nurses detect internal bleeding and what was the cause of it? Do I understand you correctly that you were being released after recovery and not in a CareCenter? I did not know surgeons did that. Well, thank goodness for those nurses!!! I am glad that you are safe!!!

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Miss150
on 11/24/13 12:21 am

yes, this was considered outpatient surgery-  Nurses were palpitating(?) and noticed two hard places on my side- surgeon and anrthesologist called back immediately.  150-200 G protein !  Wow.  Back to the shakes for extra supplement, eh!  On the bleeding, I was told that people who are morbidly obese sometimes grow extra blood vesslesthat increase chances of bleeding-  Is that what it was?  Who knows- just glad to have it resolved. 

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

MyBariatricLife
on 11/24/13 6:25 am

It sounds like a hematoma, but what the heck do I know :-) 

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

scaryreader
on 11/24/13 12:15 pm - Chicago, IL

I go in for my belt lipectomy in 10 days and am very anxious and a bit scared. Do you have tubes? How are your comfort issues? Do you need help getting up & down from a sitting or lying position?

Eve
hw:400+
sw:340
cw:163

Miss150
on 11/25/13 12:04 am

Hi, Courage, sweetie-pie.  We are all a lot stronger than what we think, and you are, too.  Anxious and scared also describes how I felt going into this. Pretty normal, I think.  This is no sImall thing, so prepare for some discomfort- just be reassured that it is not insurmountable and you will get through.  Have someone with you who is willing to ask lots of quesions and take notes.....  I do have a drain.  Not nearly as creepy an issue as I thought.  Nurses will teach you how to use it properly.  It is a good thing- takes away all that lymphatic fluid that wants to build up.  I'm considering it my friend and helper for the moment.  I thought I would need all kinds of help to get around up and down, but find that the more I do on my own, the more incontrol I feel.  Use your legs!  Stay humched over.  My back is uncomfortable for doing that- but, oh well.  I am not pemittedto  lie down in bed and must sleep in a recliner.  Of all the comfort issues, this is the hardest.  I so want my comfy bed.  You have done wonderfully well--I totaly bow to your WLSuccess.  I am so grateful that this tummy skin is gone-  Haven't seen it yet, but am told that I'm totaly flat in the front  Who, me- Yah!  I'm willing to do the hard work it takes for that.  Good Luck- post before you go, and I will pray for you.  Bonnie.

Most Active