Lipo question

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/31/14 11:10 am - OH

I have small little pockets of residual fat just above my waist on my sides (not on my front or back, just on the sides... very weird)... about the size of a somewhat flattened marshmallow.  They don't affect my clothing size or anything, but if I wear a more fitted or somewhat clingy top, I feel a little self conscious.

I did not have any lipo with my tummy tuck because I saw a procedure on TV years ago and it creeped me out, but now I am considering spending the money to have those two little spots done (and having one weird lump on one thigh done at the same time).

So... I need some feedback from anyone who has had any lipo on how much it hurts, how much bruising, etc..  Since these are small spots, I keep thinking it shouldn't be a big deal... but... still makes me nervous.  Wish I had never seen that TV show!!!

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Angela B.
on 2/1/14 1:25 am

I had lipo with my lower body lift in October 2012 (1.7 L removed from the outer thighs). It was tough to say how much pain was from the lipo itself because I had so much work done at one time, but I had almost no bruising. 

I am scheduled to have an inner thigh lift on Feb 25, and had lipo done on my inner thighs in Nov 2013. My doc removed 4.5 L of total fluid in a three hour surgery and I went home the same day. I had extensive swelling and bruising - my entire inner thighs turned deep purple and my thighs swelled up two inches bigger than they were before the fat was removed.   But even with that, the surgery was very manageable. I walked to the grocery store two days later, was off the pain meds in five days, went back to work full time in two weeks, and went on vacation for thanksgiving.  I have a ton of extra skin on my thighs now that all that fat was removed, but I can really see the difference the lipo made and it was totally worth it! 

jeterway
on 2/1/14 8:33 am

I have had lipo but it was in conjunction with other procedures.  I experienced some bruising and pain but it was not that bad.  Perhaps one or two days of pain followed by some tenderness.  I also had some swelling but did not experience what some refer to as swell hell.  Wearing my own clothes was not really an issue beyond the first few days.  I usually spent the first day or so in sweats just to be comfy and relax.  After that I was able to get into my clothes with the compression garment on.  

If your lipo is that minimal and isolated, perhaps they can do an in office procedure under a local.  That is how many revisions are done and that should help keep cost down as well.

PetHairMagnet
on 2/4/14 2:22 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Have you looked at Cool Sculpting?

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

proudauntie
on 2/7/14 2:50 pm - Honolulu, HI

The day before Thanksgiving in addition to a pelvic lift I had lipo on my hips and above my belly button.  I had very little bruising (and I usually bruise pretty easily) and it was uncomfortable but not painful.  Go for it.

Most Active