8 months out tt & bl update

wls2011
on 2/8/14 7:25 am - Ballston Lake, NY

I can finally say I have turned the corner and the surgery was worth all the trouble and money. I still have pain and sensitivity at hips but it has improved a lot this month. The swelling is lessening but still there at night. 

Results are pretty good and I am not afraid to strut around nude in front of hubby. Scars are still big and dark but getting better with time. 

Monday, I am finding out about the possibilties of revisions. Pretty sure I have a dog ear on right side tummy. Thinking of implants due to breasts still sagging after lift. 

Alain Polynice Arm Lift & Revision BL 4/15/15

Alain Polynice Hernia Repair, Revision TT, Lipo Flanks 5/28/14

Dr. Lee Gallbladder Removal 5/28/14

Francisco Sauceda  TT & BL  6/3/13

Mitchell Roslin VSG 5/12/11

Terry H.
on 2/9/14 11:46 pm

I'm glad to hear that.  I saw your blog this weekend and it looks like you had quite a bit of trouble.  I'm planning on a extensive TT after my 240lb weight loss and just wanted to say I appreciated your candor about your PS journey.

HW 420 SW 369  Pre-Op -51 lbs; M1-19;M2-15;M3-14;M4 -14;M5-13; M6- 14;M7-14;M8-10;M9-11;M10-11;M11-9;M12-7;M13-7;M14-5; M15-7; M16-8. M17-3. M18-6; M19-5. Goal of 200 (220 Lost) Reached Month 15. Goal of 180 (240 lost) reached at 18 months 10 days on 4/.20/13.  57% body weight lost@180.  Now on maintenance. Low weight 169.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Beyond Goal 

emelar
on 2/10/14 4:41 am - TX

I'm glad it's finally gotten better for you and you're happy(er) with the results!  My one complaint with surgeons in general is that they seriously downplay the recovery time.

On implants, I wasn't really considering them, but my doc volunteered that he does not recommend them for women my age (50s) who have lost massive amounts of weight.  The skin has become too stretched and fragile, and the implant has a high risk of dropping further than they're supposed to.  He didn't say he wouldn't do it....just doesn't recommend it.  With no implant and just the lift, you don't have upper pole fullness, but I'm willing to live with that.

wls2011
on 2/10/14 2:22 pm - Ballston Lake, NY

Thank you both for your responses.

Yeah, it is laughable that all literature is 6 week recovery time. And amazing when I see people posting bikini pics and so happy almost immediately post op. But then again, I was deliriously happy also when doped up. Lol.

So revisions to fix what I had done will cost me as much as first go around....big bummer on that. Silver lining is that improvement is possible and I am hopeful. Now to work butt off to get $$$ again. Also should not be as bad as first recovery. And no need for implants, so yay for perky matching boobies. Lol.

Yet, I will still hate my arms. But not sure how much surgery, money, and time off from life I can take.

Boy, journey back to somewhat normal body after obesity is no joke. 

Alain Polynice Arm Lift & Revision BL 4/15/15

Alain Polynice Hernia Repair, Revision TT, Lipo Flanks 5/28/14

Dr. Lee Gallbladder Removal 5/28/14

Francisco Sauceda  TT & BL  6/3/13

Mitchell Roslin VSG 5/12/11

Crazeru
on 2/13/14 5:03 am

I never heard of 6 weeks recovery... I was off for 8 weeks the first time, and had to go back to work.  I was still in my compression garments at 3 months, then weaned off to only at night.  It generally takes pretty much a year to be fully recovered from PS.  Especially, we we have the works done.  Maybe it's easier if you are younger, but it's still hard on a body. 

I did have a textbook recovery both times.  Little openings, but nothing that took more than a few days to heal up.  I spit a few stitches out, but did that with my DS too.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

MyBariatricLife
on 2/14/14 11:20 am

I suppose it depends on how you define recovery. After my big surgery, the stage 2 that I had in October with 4 procedures, I pretty much had a 4-week recovery. I returned to the gym at 4-weeks and resumed sex at 2-weeks, all under my doctor's orders. 

I would say that my recovery was 6-weeks for my tummy tuck.

I was in much better physical condition for my second surgery than I was for my first, so I am sure that made a difference... as well as no muscle plication surely was a factor.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Most Active