Panniculectomy

sarahmathis1681
on 2/15/14 1:06 pm
RNY on 02/13/12

ok here goes i had my RNY 2/13/12 i went from 510 to 290 i have tons of excess heavy skin hanging from my stomach its causing rashes and so forth my bmi is 46 do you think a plastic surgeon would do the surgery so i could get back to exercising and get the rest of my weight off without being in so much pain the skin hangs just past the pubic area thanks

http://www.weight-loss-center.net

godzilla
on 2/15/14 2:08 pm - Israel
You have medical reason - and I think you should try for it and appeal if need be. But you should realize that after and when you will be able to lose the more weight that you want to, you will need another type of panni/TT at a later date.
Not everyone is the proper BMI/weight when going in for plastic surgery.
You want Reconstructive Surgery and not cosmetic surgery.
I hope you can get what you need and I know you will achieve what you deserve!
Mikimi in Israel
PSoftGirl
on 2/16/14 5:14 am - Alpharetta, GA

Absolutely!  I am sure my PS does this procedure fairly routinely when you are still in a higher BMI.  Try to find someone who has experience with "our kind" - post Massive Weight Loss.  They will be the most experienced with this type of procedure.   Congrats on the weight loss - losing 220 lbs nothing to sneeze at, and if your panni goes over your pubic area, this **should** be covered by insurance.  Make sure you get pics of the rashes and/or the surgeon can get the pics to apply for ins. coverage.

HW 366 (2004) * HW Pre-OP 271 (VSG) * CW 157 * GW 145

VSG - Dr. Paul Macik (Atlanta, GA) - 7/09

Post MWL Plastics with Dr. Peter Fisher (San Antonio, TX) 12/13

Don 1962
on 2/16/14 8:07 am

If you're still around Tyler have you contacted Tyler Plastics? Have good rep on WLS patients.

sarahmathis1681
on 2/16/14 9:16 am
RNY on 02/13/12

Don the surgeon that did my RNY also does the panniculectomy surgery i didnt know there was any other ones in tyler do you know what the doctors name is and a phone number i could contact?

http://www.weight-loss-center.net

wkeener
on 2/16/14 11:49 pm - TX

Dr Saar 903-510-8888

He did my tt breast uplift and is very good my husband also had him for his surgery . Good luck

hollykim
on 2/16/14 11:59 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

I would jot have let a plastic surgeon do my weight loss surgery,would you? I would definitely not let my Wls do a reconstructive surgery on me,just sayin.... GL

PSoftGirl
on 2/17/14 7:42 am - Alpharetta, GA
On February 17, 2014 at 7:59 AM Pacific Time, hollykim wrote:

I would jot have let a plastic surgeon do my weight loss surgery,would you? I would definitely not let my Wls do a reconstructive surgery on me,just sayin.... GL

Totally with you on this one!  Go to someone who specializes.....

HW 366 (2004) * HW Pre-OP 271 (VSG) * CW 157 * GW 145

VSG - Dr. Paul Macik (Atlanta, GA) - 7/09

Post MWL Plastics with Dr. Peter Fisher (San Antonio, TX) 12/13

MyBariatricLife
on 2/17/14 11:21 am
On February 17, 2014 at 7:59 AM Pacific Time, hollykim wrote:

Agree. My bariatric surgeon does plastic surgery. No thanks! 

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Reel
on 2/21/14 3:02 pm

Sarah,

I would recommend that you research "Plastic Surgeons" who specialize in "Weight Loss Patients". You can just do a regular Goole search for starters, and then you can "Yelp" the individual surgeons in order to assess reviews. 

Highest Weight: 314, Pre-Op Weight: 294, Surgical Weight: 279, 1st Goal Weight: 170, 2nd Goal Weight: 155, Current Weight:163

Most Active