Barney Rubble feet after thigh lift

RobynJC
on 3/23/14 5:18 am

Hello all, 

It is recovery day 2. Managing things ok except for some stinging pain in the incisions and swelling going all the way down to my feet. Even my slippers are tight, that is how much my feet are swelling.  I look like Barney Rubble!

otherwise, chilling ou****ching some movies and tv. I get to shower tomorrow, that should be exciting. :-)

emelar
on 3/23/14 5:27 am - TX

Glad it's going well.  I avoided the lower swelling - totally by luck.  Did the doc give you the white compression hose?  It can help to keep the swelling down.

jeterway
on 3/23/14 6:12 am

The compression socks are a great idea.  How far down does your compression garment go?  Would be good if the compression socks met up with it.  Keep your legs elevated - that should help keep the fluids from settling in the feet.  Sorry that you have to go through this.  I only had swelling in my left leg after my complication.  But compression and keeping it elevated made it resolve, it just took some time.  Healing wishes coming your way.

RobynJC
on 3/23/14 9:33 am

Thanks for the tip. My garment goes to just about 3 inches above my ankle. I do have some compression sleeves for running, maybe I can put those on and that will take care the rest of the area that are swelling. I've been using a recliner but I guess that is not elevated enough, so I'll try using a pillow to see that helps. 

Happy Gurl
on 3/24/14 4:03 am
VSG on 10/26/12

Yes, get your legs even higher.  I wore those compression socks for about 5 to 6 weeks.  It helps a lot with the swelling. 

HW: 390, HbandW: 340, LbandW:237,

HsleeveW: on 10/27/12:270, CW: 167:) GW: 175 :))))

M1:22, M2:16, M3:10, M4:9, M5:8, M6: 9, M7: 8, M8: 6, M9: 3, M10: 4

Most Active