TT Question

MadMax1010
on 6/16/14 1:26 am - Collingwood, Canada
RNY on 02/06/13

I am 2 weeks and 4 days post op TT with muscle repair and Mons repair. I don't know if I am expecting too much, but my upper ab's seems to be puffy, like there is fluid behind it, is this normal and will it go away? I don't want a nice flat lower abdomen and have the upper part be bigger than it was before!

Thanks in advance for any replies.

AZDee
on 6/16/14 1:48 am - Gilbert, AZ

I am almost 5 weeks out and I still experience swelling in the evenings...I am wearing my support garment 24/7 but I can tell there's a little pudginess down around the lower abs.  I have heard it's normal.  I am going for my follow up on Thursday, I will let you know what he says about it.  I remember trying on clothes at 2 weeks for a wedding I was attending and thinking they fit better before surgery...Lol

AZDee
on 6/23/14 1:58 pm - Gilbert, AZ

Apparently I still have two months more of wearing the garment...oh goodie, but it will help in keeping the swelling at bay. I guess we can have swelling for a good three months...

pinkpeonies
on 6/23/14 10:30 pm
VSG on 04/23/12

The swelling will get worse before it gets better, I'm afraid. Mine got worse at 3 weeks and is still going strong, although I DO notice a difference in the morning (it's better) vs. the evening after being up and around all day. Of course, I also developed a seroma which did not help things but that is healing now too. Like yours, part of my swelling is on the upper areas, which used to be a 2nd roll of flab that has now been pulled down. My surgeon did not think it bad enough to warrant a vertical incision. He also did some liposuction with my surgery but I'm not sure if he did the areas in question or not...although in the morning, the area looks really good so I'm hopeful that it'll all end up being smooth and flat rather than needing a bit of touch-up (ugh). I'm just still marveling at the difference. He showed me my before pics and it's even better than night and day, even with all the swelling.

(He may also have created a monster--now that my belly is flat(tish, lol), I want to get my arms and breasts done (looking at around Christmas time) and am even contemplating asking him about the small area of left over loose skin at the very upper part of my thighs. Now that the PS journey has begun, I just want to get it all over with, lol. :)

Thinking good thoughts for your recovery! :)

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

5/27/14 - Extended abdominoplasty with hernia and diastasis recti repair

12/20/14 - Breast reduction/mastopexy with bra line back lift

pineview01
on 6/24/14 1:48 pm - Davison, MI

I have the area of left over loose skin at the very upper part of mu thighs.  But he did the extended medial thigh lift.  I realize even though the cut in the groin at some point they have to zero to met the area attaching to.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active