Arm lift scars

drivera
on 6/26/14 7:22 am - GA

Hi everyone,

I had several procedures done in December '13, one being an arm lift.  I stressed the importance of location of incision prior to surgery, but when it was all done I had a long scar on the back of each arm.  I would like to see pictures of the scars one, two, or three years later.  If anyone can assist it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Dally

MyBariatricLife
on 6/26/14 12:13 pm

7-mos post op

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

diminimus
on 6/29/14 2:09 am

The first is my arm before surgery.  The second is one year after plastic surgery.

pineview01
on 7/2/14 12:36 pm - Davison, MI

WOW!  That scar looks great.  A lot depends on the surgeon too.  I didn't get the great results I have seen other get on their Inner thighs.  I really expected to have a lot more removed from mid thigh up based on what he showed me pre-surgery and results of others.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

pineview01
on 7/2/14 12:36 pm - Davison, MI

WOW!  That scar looks great.  A lot depends on the surgeon too.  I didn't get the great results I have seen other get on their Inner thighs.  I really expected to have a lot more removed from mid thigh up based on what he showed me pre-surgery and results of others.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/5/14 1:09 pm - OH

My scars on my arms are just very thin white lines, but aren't down the back of my arms.  (There might still be a photo on my profile... Not sure.)  The scars in one armpit and down the sides of both breasts are wider from getting pulled at by the weight of my breasts , but no one but me ever sees those.  

On one arm, I already had a scar from an auto accident, and he did the incision up a bit more toward the front of my arm in order to get rid of as much of that scar as possible, but he warned me that he might have to do that ahead of time.

Did your surgeon say why he did them that way?!?  I would be very upset (and probably consulting an attorney) if my plastic surgeon had told me he was going to put them on the inside of the arm in the natural muscle cleft and then put them down the back where they are much more visible!

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

David147
on 7/4/15 4:26 am
The most common location for a brachioplasty scar is the inner arm. This is a great operation but unfortunately the scars often have the propensity to be poor.  
Laura in Texas
on 7/5/15 5:48 am

Why are you posting on all of these old posts? What is your purpose?

The overwhelming majority of us are thankful we had our arms done even with the scars.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/5/15 7:44 am - OH

Actually, most people here are quite happy with how their arms turned out... 

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active