Surgeon saying not able to have implant?

lakegal76
on 8/4/14 9:09 am

Just curious if anyone else has had this issue?  At first I thought I wanted just a lift in order to still look natural...but then I thought, ok I dont want to regret that lift only 10 yrs from now when gravity begins to pull them down again and maybe I will just get a small implant to add a little volume and help them stay put.  

The surgeon I am consulting with said he didnt know if we're going to be able to put a small implant, because the technique he would need to do in my case probably is not going to allow this (because of my breast size he said). If I wanted this we would probably need to do the lift and after we can put the implant. 

Of course, I will ask him for clarification but until then I was just wondering if this was something common or has anyone else been told they probably could not have an implant for this reason?

Thanks so much,

Misty

emelar
on 8/4/14 9:17 am - TX

Not for that reason, but my surgeon didn't recommend an implant for me because of the condition of my breast tissue - too thin from being too fat for too long.  He didn't believe the implant would hold, that it would bottom out.  We didn't get into a deep discussion because I wasn't interested in implants anyway - just a lift.

(deactivated member)
on 8/5/14 5:56 am

Some plastic sxurgeons are reluctant to put an implant in if certain types of uplifts are done for safety reasons, to prevent the possibility of complications.

Most Active