Anyone - Texas Plastics?

lakegal76
on 8/3/14 10:52 pm, edited 8/3/14 10:53 pm

Hello - I live in Texas (DFW) but would be willing to travel if needed anywhere in Tx or even surrounding states to find a trusted doctor that would possibly do several procedures at one time (lower body lift, breast lift/aug, arm lift and thigh lift) after 170lb weight loss from Gastric sleeve 2 yrs ago (done in mexico).  Yes, I know that is a lot but I also know I can go to Monterrey, Mx. and have it all done at once and the cost (I have had consultation through email with pics).  I am trying to compare prices here in the states (tx would be great) to see if it is really THAT much of a difference?

We will be taking out a home equity loan and hubby says he wants to know what the price difference truly is.  I mean, if we are going to take out a loan we may as well do it up big and if the difference is only a few thousand $$'s in the long run I may decide it would be better to just stay here?  My main concern is most surgeons I have heard do not like doing more than 1-2 procedures which means more time off work, more recovery and more $$ simply for the fees associated with each surgery (hospital, anesthesiologist, ect)

So, just looking for an estimate on what Texas docs are charging (I know it would not be exact for me) without having to set up appts for consultations that usually cost and miss work just to get a price knowing I most likely will not use them. I will continue to do research myself....just reaching out here because I know this place is a wealth of wonderful info!!

Thanks and blessings,

Misty

emelar
on 8/4/14 5:35 am - TX

You are truly going to have to do some consults with local surgeons to get a good idea of what they will/won't combine.  It usually comes down to 2 things - how much time you're under anesthesia and whether any of the procedures produce competing tensions on the skin.  For instance, my surgeon won't combine LBL with inner thigh lift because the LBL tends to pull the skin upward while the thigh lift pulls down.  He considers it too much risk of skin and incision breakdown.

Price-wise:  LBL $13,500; long incision thigh lift $8,000; lower SMAS facelift $12,500; breast lift (no augmentation) $7,000; upper arm lift $7,000.  I may be off a little, but those prices are close.  They include everything - surgeon fee, surgery center, anesthesia (doctor administered), compression garments, all follow-up.  The only things I paid for were paid meds and antibiotic ointment.

There are very good surgeons in other countries.  And if your surgery is complication free, then all is well.  If there are any complications - well, your surgeon is in another country.  So when you're factoring in price, remember to include a possible trip back to your surgeon (US surgeons seems very reluctant to deal with complications from other surgeon's practices), and be sure you have a local doctor/nurse to do some basic suture and drain removal.

As much as I hate the recoveries (I'm 2 weeks out from the facelift now), I preferred doing them one at a time, starting with what bothered me the most (my stomach).  I figured if I didn't like the result, didn't scar well, or had anything else unpleasant happen, I could stop at any time.  And, although there hasn't been a procedure that I wouldn't do again, I will tell you that there's a world of difference between knowing that you'll have scars and actually seeing the scars on your body, no matter how well the incisions are done and how well you heal.   The thought of waking up and seeing yards of scars would probably send me screaming.

Best of luck on your research!

(deactivated member)
on 8/5/14 6:01 am

I do try and combine procedures so the recovery is just one as long as I can do them safely and get the best results for my patients. This does decrease the costs for the patient as well.

Deehix
on 8/9/14 2:23 am

Hi. I just had two consults.  My best one was with Dr. Emily McLaughlin. Her office is in Fort Worth near Baylor hospital.

She is fabulous and her staff is top notch. Her office manager is the absolute best. You can go to her website and even email them with questions.  Having the fleur de Li in November. 

Deehix
on 8/9/14 2:25 am

Hi. I just had two consults.  My best one was with Dr. Emily McLaughlin. Her office is in Fort Worth near Baylor hospital.

She is fabulous and her staff is top notch. Her office manager is the absolute best. You can go to her website and even email them with questions.  Having the fleur de Li in November. 

Laura in Texas
on 8/9/14 9:32 am

I love love love Dr. LoMonaco in Houston, but I know he would split it up into two surgeries for you. The only doctors I know of who do that much at one time are in Mexico.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Most Active