Time off Work?

lakegal76
on 8/5/14 2:09 am

I plan to have LBL/BL/AL/TL - I know all are different at healing, but I do have to talk with my boss with some idea of how long I will need off. 

I work a desk job, no heavy lifting or moving at all.  I only have 2 wks vacation so will already be taking some time completely unpaid...wondering if 4 weeks would be doable?  Of course, I know I could always ask for more if needed....but I typically recovery quickly. I have had 2 c-sections (1 vertical and 1 horizontal) and a hysterectomy (open, not laproscopic) and my VSG.  I healed faster than expected for all of those.

2 weeks vacation and 2 weeks no pay isnt terrible....much better than asking for 6 weeks off and no pay for a month 

Thanks,

Misty

(deactivated member)
on 8/5/14 5:53 am

1month should be enough time on the average to recover and be back to work. Some of my patients can get back within a much shorter period of time, depending on what they have done. If I combine procedures, I often have my patients donate a unit of their own blood which I give back to them at then end of surgery to "speed" up their recovery.

AZDee
on 8/5/14 3:27 pm - Gilbert, AZ

I don't recommend this, but I decided to have my surgery two weeks after a long vacation,  so I was out of vacation time and didn't have a whole lot of PTO time, so I was back at work after two weeks post op from my lower body lift, thigh lift and BBL.  I did great, in fact the only thing my work knew was that I was having a personal procedure done....no body asked and I said nothing....each week I felt stronger, but all in all I was able to pull it off pretty well.

Most Active