Panniculectomy

Natalie2010
on 8/12/14 12:00 pm

Hi there,

Having my panni removed this Thurs (Aug 14th) and am so nervous.  I am still very BIG in the mid section and fatty.  Anyone else have a big belly, not just skin removed? How long was your surgery and how was recovery? 

TIA

weebuddy
on 8/14/14 5:06 am - Grimsby, Canada
DS on 12/19/12

Sorry, I don't have any advice to give.   But I saw myself in your post and wanted to wish you the very best of luck!!    Please let us know how you're doing when you're able to.   Take care!!    :)

cutekatie
on 8/16/14 10:29 am
RNY on 05/16/12

I had a tummy tuck on Friday and am home recovering. I also had a big mid section with a lot of excess fat. I'd love to chat and compare notes since we had the same surgery only a day apart.

HW 282 OW 273 SW 247 CW 232

Natalie2010
on 8/17/14 10:51 am

Hi cutekatie,

Would love to chat...so glad you responded.  Want to pm here? Unless there is an easier way :) I don't use this site much...pm me

Can't wait to start my new life.
Current BMI is 49

Having faith, and praying as I always do :)
MaryEllen OntheEastCoast
on 8/16/14 10:57 pm - CT

I had panni removal with a lot of weight still left to lose - because I need to have a hip replacement and the hanging skin would be in the way.  Unfortunately I had a terrible recovery - the wound, which goes from hip to hip, almost completely opened up and it was deep!  I was on a wound vac for months.  This was almost three years ago and I still have troubles today with spitting stitches.  My understanding is that people with just skin do not have this problem. 

MaryEllen OntheEastCoast
on 8/16/14 10:58 pm - CT

I forgot to say - hope your surgery went well and you are feeling better!!!  Please feel free to PM me for any questions, etc. 

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Natalie2010
on 8/17/14 10:52 am

Thank you Mary, and sorry to hear of your struggles.  This is def scary. I'm praying and keeping my fingers crossed.

Can't wait to start my new life.
Current BMI is 49

Having faith, and praying as I always do :)
Most Active