Surgery Planned with Dr. Sauceda

lifeaftergastricbypas
on 8/25/14 4:07 am

Hi. I am new to this site but I had my surgery in 1996 and lost 192 lbs. I have lots of loose skin and am finally in a financial position to have this done....not in the US. I went to several PS here for consultations but I could not afford to have it done. After all these years I still have not learned to adjust to the excess skin and do not let my hubby see me naked. Nor do I go sleeveless or wear a bathing suit. I have researched Dr. Sauceda and his credentials appear to be above board. I have an AL, TL, and BL scheduled for Oct 23rd.  I would never have considered going out of the country before so I am a little reluctant to do this. Can anyone tell me anything about Dr. Sauceda? Is he reputable? Does he do good work? Can I see some before and after photos of work he has done? Thanks for taking the time to reply.  Hopeful yet a little scared.....

AnitaFill
on 8/25/14 6:59 am - San Jose, CA

he has a whole page here on OH of folks that have gone or are going to him. I've seen lots of pics of his work and have heard about the great level of care received while down there .. I'm heading there Sunday for surgery on Monday.

lifeaftergastricbypas
on 8/27/14 11:59 pm

Good luck! I'll be thinking of you and I'm sure you will love the results!

Crazeru
on 8/25/14 8:24 am

We have a group here on OH.  Click on Dr Sauceda in my siggy line and it'll take you over to the group.  There are over 200 pages of threads that should be able to answer all your questions.  Read all that you can.  My experiences are in Jan 2011 and Jan 2013.  There are lots of photos, some are password protected. 

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

lifeaftergastricbypas
on 8/28/14 12:00 am

Thank you Chris.  I'll read all that I can and see what others are saying. :-)

(deactivated member)
on 8/26/14 7:31 am

I would again caution anyone from going outside the US for treatment but especially surgery. There are many instances where there were problems and the results were less than perfect with no recourse for the patient. Please see my previous comments regarding the qualifications also. I have looked at the fees that are being charged in Mexico and elsewhere and they are not that far off from my charges to take chances. I am not implying that any doctors not trained in the US and certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery is not competent but you probably have your best chance of obtaining the results you want with plastic surgeons here in US.

I have unfortunately seen many patients in my offices in California and Florida that have suboptimal results.

Dr. Edward Jonas Domanskis is Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery 1441 Avocado Avenue, Suite 307 Newport Beach, California 92660 949.640-6324/1.888.234-5080(Ca) Website: http://www.surgery-plastic.com Assistant Clinical Professor of SurgeryWOS-Plastic,University of California (Irvine) Orange County’s Physician of Excellence/America’s Top Physicians/Top Doctors Plastic Surgery- 2005/2006/2007/2008/2009/2012/2013 President,American Society of Bariatric Plastic Surgeons www.ASBPS.org

Non-Toxic, No Nanos Skin Care- www.ORGANODERM.com

Scar Therapy-www.ScaRxtape.com

hollykim
on 8/26/14 12:30 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

I received excellent care in MX from Dr Sauceda. I find it hard to believe that any plastic surgeon in the us can match his prices and care. 

Iam_with_the_Band
on 8/27/14 4:32 am

I have been to Sauceda twice and been to his OR three times. I have had 9 procedures done. I consulted in the states with 4 surgeons. Not one could even come close to what he offered. Money was the least of my reasons for choosing Sauceda. He has vast experience with the SMO client. He also does his procedures with epidural which not one other surgeon would agree to. I have MH so that was a big benefit to me. It's easy to think "Mexico for surgery?, don't do it!" But when you sit down with your list of pros and cons - Sauceda comes up strong. Having a LBL and sent home hours later in my daughters car to fend for myself was not my idea of safe care.

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

lifeaftergastricbypas
on 8/28/14 12:45 am

I appreciate your candidness.  I like the fact that he does the epidural as well. That sounds like a great option that was never discussed with me during my consultations with several US doctors.  Money is a factor for me but does not compare to my life but from what I gather on here my life would be in great hands with Dr. Sauceda.

Thanks again for the insight!

hollykim
on 8/27/14 10:47 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On August 26, 2014 at 2:31 PM Pacific Time, Dr.Domanskis wrote:

I would again caution anyone from going outside the US for treatment but especially surgery. There are many instances where there were problems and the results were less than perfect with no recourse for the patient. Please see my previous comments regarding the qualifications also. I have looked at the fees that are being charged in Mexico and elsewhere and they are not that far off from my charges to take chances. I am not implying that any doctors not trained in the US and certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery is not competent but you probably have your best chance of obtaining the results you want with plastic surgeons here in US.

I have unfortunately seen many patients in my offices in California and Florida that have suboptimal results.

Dr. Edward Jonas Domanskis is Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery 1441 Avocado Avenue, Suite 307 Newport Beach, California 92660 949.640-6324/1.888.234-5080(Ca) Website: http://www.surgery-plastic.com Assistant Clinical Professor of SurgeryWOS-Plastic,University of California (Irvine) Orange County’s Physician of Excellence/America’s Top Physicians/Top Doctors Plastic Surgery- 2005/2006/2007/2008/2009/2012/2013 President,American Society of Bariatric Plastic Surgeons www.ASBPS.org

Non-Toxic, No Nanos Skin Care- www.ORGANODERM.com

Scar Therapy-www.ScaRxtape.com

with all due respect,Dr. Domanskis,it appears to me that you are saying exactly that, that unless you get your surgery inthe states Nd have a board certified plastic surgeon,you will not get good results.

frankly, I looked at your web site,at your post bariatric patients andi was actually appalled and totally not impressed.

Most Active