How long after you wls did you wait to have plastics?

Gwen M.
on 12/14/14 6:33 am
VSG on 03/13/14

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Laura in Texas
on 12/14/14 1:49 am

I had my arms done at 17 months out which was 1 month after reaching goal. My batwings really messed with my mental health plus I figured my arms would not change much if I lost a little more. For my torso work I waited until I was 2.5 years out. That mas a much bigger investment and I wanted to be somewhat sure I could maintain my weight. I did not want to screw up my results.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Bronco0605
on 12/14/14 5:22 am

I would love to see you before and after from your weight loss journey! It looks like you have done an amazing job! 

chulbert
on 12/14/14 6:18 am - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

About 22 months post-op.  I had been a stable weight for 8 months or so.

Christi05
on 12/14/14 7:44 am
VSG on 02/05/13

Sorry, I forgot to check bac****il now lol.

I put a few pics on my profile, they're not great but you get the idea. :)

As for advice, let's see... Yes the pain for me was pretty bad, but my surgeon doesn't use a pain pump :/. But in the hospital the IV meds took care of me the first night. It took awhile for them to find a suitable take home pain med for me. Make sure you get something that works for you! You want to be able to get up and walk around. Honestly the first three or four days were pretty bad but the the pressure of the binder helped a lot. I'm 12 days out from surgery and I've only had twinges of pain the past few days, not bad at all. The only thing I feel is the extreme tightness of my incision. The vertical incision has not hurt me at all! It's strange. 

Hmm lets see, make sure you have stool softeners and things to make you "go". I had problems where nothing was working and I went a week without going. Talk about uncomfortable!

The best thing I found that helped me out was a lift chair. I don't know what I'd do without it. Sometimes I go to my bed at night, thinking that I'll be more comfortable heh, nope. It's very hard to get up. I also have a toilet riser with handles that I bought, it's a lifesaver also. Have a table next to you with the essentials you'll need. Mine consists of water, protein bar, pain meds, lamp, phone, phone charger. Anything else you would think you would need nearby. I stocked my fridge with ready to drink protein shakes and greek yogurt. I also bought tons of protein bars. I've found i'm not very hungry but I need the protein to heal so this works for me. :)

Ihearttennis
on 12/14/14 11:43 am - LA
VSG on 04/24/13

Great advice.  I looked into the chair lift but it would have cost me $325 for two weeks. I decided to pass on it and hopefully I won't regret it. I started talking the stool softener tonight because I definitely don't want to deal with constipation.  I am also going to stock up on protein bars and maybe some Isopure.

"Whether you believe you can or you can't ....you are right! " by Henry Ford

Christi05
on 12/14/14 12:23 pm
VSG on 02/05/13

Ah, I wouldn't consider the lift chair for that much either. Yikes, that should be the price for the month. :(

I'm sure you'll do fine in your bed with tons of pillows. I didn't have myself supported enough in bed when I have tried it and that's why I had trouble getting up. I'm sure you'll do great! Just remember be kind to yourself and take it one day at a time and don't wear yourself out. :)

vsg_joanna
on 12/15/14 4:56 am

This is definitely out of the norm, but I had VSG on April 8th,2014 and lower body lift, arm lift, breast lift on November 10th 2014.... I'm impatient :)

Thigh lift will happen June/ July 2015.

Bronco0605
on 12/15/14 11:39 pm

Wow, you lost your weight super fast!

Most Active