Swelling is gone - 4 months post op

cutekatie
on 12/15/14 6:25 am
RNY on 05/16/12

Yep. I had a tummy tuck and mons lift on August 15th and finally the swelling is gone. I stopped wearing the compression garment 24 hours a day around 8 weeks post op. Right away I noticed huge swelling in the evening and so continued to wear the binder at night.

I haven't worn it to bed for the last 4 nights and finally feel the same during the day and at night.

Just wanted to share for those concerned about swelling - it lasts a while!

HW 282 OW 273 SW 247 CW 232

Needanewbeginning
on 12/15/14 12:04 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

thanks for sharing, thats good to know! I figure I will be wearing mine til spring, ugh, whatever it takes though!

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

vsg_joanna
on 12/16/14 3:08 am

That's awesome- thanks for sharing! Do you have any numbers you could share for waist/ hip size before surgery and now? I'm 5 weeks post-op for lower body lift and worried about my waist size. It's the same as before surgery and what's strange is that I weigh 12lbs less than before surgery (skin and fat removed was 12lbs) but I definitely still feel swelling... hoping my waist size goes down some more!

cutekatie
on 12/16/14 10:08 am
RNY on 05/16/12

9 pounds was removed during surgery but I have gained that back. I was a size 12/14 before surgery and by 2 months post op i was down to a size 10.

I never measured my hip/waist size before or after surgery so I can't help you with that but it did take a while for the swelling to go down enough for me to notice a difference.

I took pictures almost every week for 2 months and from the front there is no change but my side profile there is a drastic change.

If I can figure out I might post pictures on my profile.

HW 282 OW 273 SW 247 CW 232

kisersassy
on 12/19/14 6:16 am - Stanaford, WV
RNY on 10/29/12

I had a Fleur De Lis abdominalplasty with pannilectomy, mons repair. They removed 7 lbs.  I lost total 25 pounds the month after having surgery but have since put that back on just as fast as I lost it. I still look very lopsided and swollen most days and I am 6 months out. I am too embaressed to go back like they wanted to do the back part because of gaining the 25 pounds back in this past 1-1 1/2 months.

Most Active