I did it! Found REASONABLE tummy tuck and they did a great job!

dory
on 1/18/15 10:55 pm - PA

So, so happy.  I've checked from PA to Mexico, couldn't find a tummy tuck for less than 10k that I would trust.  Did one last, do or die search last Monday and lo and behold....tummy tuck in Miami $4500!  Were there some add ons?  Yep.  I got all the way up to $5200.  And I was BIG.  Had a lot to take off.  And the $5200 included lipo in the upper regions.  It was difficult since I'd had a nasty gall bladder surgery long ago which left me with a big scar, but he got most of that out too.  Called them Monday night (yep, someone answered at 10pm) got appt. for Tuesday, had surgery Friday morning, look awesome already and I'm still swollen!  I'm so happy.  Can't wait to see the new me!  And they didn't even say anything that I am 65 yrs old.  Will post pictures asap (don't know how to do it, but i'll find some help)

Name is Dr. Robert Hunsaker.  He has his own place and also works out of CG Cosmetic Surgery in Coral Gables.  https://www.cgcosmetic.com/   or  http://www.cosmetiqueplasticsurgery.com/dr-hunsaker   

I have no idea how much it would cost going thru the Cosmetique Plastic Surgery place since I got mine done at CG Cosmetic, but I just had to share this since I know plastic surgery is so far outside the range of finances for a lot or us.  Don't know why they're so much less, although they do have their own FL licensed OR's so maybe they don't have to pay so much overhead to the hospitals.  I just know the place had people from all over the place in there getting all kinds of work done.  And I'm soooooo pleased to finally feel good about myself!

cutekatie
on 1/19/15 10:04 am
RNY on 05/16/12

Thats awesome you got such a great deal.

Can I ask about the scar the removed? I have scar tissue from my original RNY surgery that has turned into a dent - just curious if you had the same thing.

HW 282 OW 273 SW 247 CW 232

dory
on 1/19/15 10:46 am - PA

Just had this done on Friday, so haven't had time to have problems.  I was just so thrilled to find someplace affordable finally, I needed to share for anyone else who was still trying to do this on a budget.

Terry H.
on 1/19/15 9:18 pm

Thanks for posting this Dory.  I've forwarded to my wife in case we decide to go mobile to save money when/if she gets her plastics.

HW 420 SW 369  Pre-Op -51 lbs; M1-19;M2-15;M3-14;M4 -14;M5-13; M6- 14;M7-14;M8-10;M9-11;M10-11;M11-9;M12-7;M13-7;M14-5; M15-7; M16-8. M17-3. M18-6; M19-5. Goal of 200 (220 Lost) Reached Month 15. Goal of 180 (240 lost) reached at 18 months 10 days on 4/.20/13.  57% body weight lost@180.  Now on maintenance. Low weight 169.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Beyond Goal 

dory
on 1/23/15 9:30 am - PA

My pleasure.  One of the things that was so amazing for me was that I'd heard from many people how absolutely painful this surgery would be.  When I mentioned to Dr. Hunsaker that I was worried because I usually become extremely nauseated from pain meds and was afraid of doing damage inside.  He replied that the pain would be surprisingly minimal...and he meant it!  I took 1/2 Toradol the 1st day, another half the next day (the other half is destroyed in dividing, lol) and I think one more on a different day.  The rest of the time, if I needed anything, I just took Tylenol.  I don't know if he's a magician or a miracle worker or he just gives better after-care instructions, but whatever it was, I'm still doing great a week later. 

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 1/23/15 2:33 pm
VSG on 10/09/12

Was there muscle tightening done or just skin removal? The pain usually comes from the muscles being reintroduced to each other. Great deal! Congrats! And enjoy the results! Plastics are just wonderful. 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

Ihearttennis
on 1/23/15 11:51 pm - LA
VSG on 04/24/13

That is my question as well.  It was the muscle tightening that causes the painful recovery, not the skin excision.

I'm glad you are doing well. Thanks for sharing your experience.

"Whether you believe you can or you can't ....you are right! " by Henry Ford

andrewt159
on 2/11/15 1:23 pm - beverly hills, CA

Congrats for getting a good deal and I hope you will also get excellent results too. I am sure your post will help many people looking for similar deals. Thanks for sharing your great experience and keep updating in future.

dory
on 3/2/15 11:08 am - PA

Well, I'm 5+ weeks out, thought I'd update a little.  Dr. H has been a real gem, answering all my questions via emails no matter what time of night I send them.  I've gotten many compliments on my looks already and I've not lost all my swelling by any means.  I am able to dance, and workout, although I do take that slowly.  The incision wants to heal slowly in a couple of areas that I haven't taken as good care of as I should have.  Got ****y and stopped massage and stopped Vit E oil on it and it dried out in a couple of places.  The hardest part of this is keeping some kind of binder/surgical support garment/corset on most of the time.  I just can't make myself wear something 24/7 even though I know I'd have a better result if I did.  I'm just old enough that I don't feel the need to be perfect, just way, way better.  : )   The most comfortable thing I found to wear is a lace-up corset; perfect support exactly where I want it.  The only problem is that I'm only 5'2" and the best one I could find is about 3 inches too long for me.  If anyone knows where I can find a short one, please let me know. 

Anyhow, I'm still very thankful I found Dr. H.  I'm so much happier now that I've gotten rid of the basketball in front of me. 

Most Active