Embrace, Anyone ?

DrL
on 1/25/15 12:16 pm - Houston, TX

I'm excited because after 2 years in the lab trying to affect wound healing chemically and biologically myself, there is an exciting product that has actually been tested (i.e. put it on one part of the incision and not the other then let other people judge which is better...true research.)

Its called Embrace and I suggest you look it up and discuss with your surgeon prior to surgery esp. if you are prone to thicker scars.  BTW I have nothing to do with the company other than having met the founder 15 years ago, and he is a true scientist and surgeon who is not trying to profit by making phony claims. (There is so much of that out there in the scar acre market, as Im sure you all know.)

The product works by removing the stretch and tension from scars during the critical period 2-6 weeks after the initial incision.  Downside is that it isn't cheap, but many of us are including it in the surgery care package price.  

John LoMonaco, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Plastic Surgery
Houston, Texas

www.DrLoMonaco.com
www.BodyLiftHouston.com
Laura in Texas
on 1/26/15 9:54 am

Very interesting. I just looked it up and the results do look phenomenal. I wonder if the plastic surgeons at TCH are using it. It would be great for my daughter when she gets her lip revision. She is very self-conscious about her scar.

My scars from your incisions all healed nicely and are barely noticeable just using cocoa butter lotion, but my arm scars (from another surgeon) do not look nice. As soon as I get my girls' medical issues all taken care of I want to come see you to see about a scar revision on my arms.

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Most Active