First in-person consult

Tracy D.
on 2/20/15 12:53 am, edited 2/20/15 4:08 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I've done a consult with Dr. Gutierrez in Mexico and wanted to do at least one with a local plastics doc where I live.  I had an appointment yesterday with Dr. Marie Montag and came away with a lot of information. I was surprised to find that her prices are very comparable to Dr. G's once you factor in the travel costs associated with traveling to Mexico and staying for a week.  I'm now giving serious consideration to having the lower body lift done here.  

She would do a LBL with fleur-de-lis cut as well as some lipo in the back area.  We agreed that the BL/AL should wait until later.  Frankly, I can only afford to do one surgery this year and the LBL is much more important to me.  It was quite eye-opening to see myself in all my naked glory - from every angle - on a big computer monitor.  The doctor was able to give me a good idea of what realistic changes to expect.  I defintely won't be sporting a bikini post-plastics but I won't have skin hanging out of the bottom of my swimming suit either. 

Besides my trust and confidence in the doctor and her ability, the other major consideration is that my husband is MUCH more comfortable with me having the surgery here.  He's going to be my caretaker for the first few days post-op.  He'll already ******vous wreck...but having to also deal with being in a foreign country and not speaking the language...well, he doesn't deal well with stress.  And I need to be focusing on me rather than worrying about him and his panic attacks. 

I'm looking at early July for the procedure since I need to build up some PTO.  The plan would be to take off 2 full weeks and then start doing some limited work from home a few hours here and there for the next 2 weeks with a plan to return full-time to the office after 4 weeks.  I work a desk job so hopefully I could swing that.  

I'll probably get one more consult with a local doctor here before making a final decision.  Whichever way I go, I still want to shoot for mid-July on this.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Laura in Texas
on 2/20/15 8:51 am

Awesome, Tracy. sounds like you are getting all your ducks in a row. Plastics is the fun part. Well maybe not fun immediately after, but the results are definitely the fun part.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

HuskerBrenda
on 2/26/15 2:53 am - Omaha, NE
VSG on 09/23/13

Hi Tracy! I have a colleague who had surgery with Dr. Montag and was really pleased with her results, just to give you some feedback. She didn't have quite the loss that you and I have, however!

Are you looking at the full circumferential lift with fleur-de-lis? What's her/your reasoning for delaying the BL? How are your thighs? I'm thinking LBL, BL/BA, and possibly small thigh lift as well.

Sorry for all the questions. You can PM back if you don't want to post here.

Thanks!
Brenda

45y/o  5'4" Sleeve 9/23/13 Dr. Thomas White  HW 245; SW 232.8; CW 141.8

Tracy D.
on 2/26/15 3:10 am, edited 2/27/15 12:13 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Hey Brenda - I'm so glad you responded!  Dr. Montag wasn't able to show me any pictures of post-weight loss patients with the full circumferential lift with fleur-de-lis cut so that was disappointing to me and made me doubtful of her claim that she's done "hundreds" of post-WLS patients :-(  

The only reason for delaying the BL/BA is money....and she uses regular anesthesia and I don't want to be under that long either.  I could live with my thighs but will need to wear longer shorts the rest of my life.  

I know a couple people that have had the "mommy makeover" with her and are pretty pleased.  But it makes me doubtful not to be able to see ANY pictures of a full 360 degree LBL.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

I_am_Beautiful
on 2/28/15 2:40 am

It is best to go with your gut feeling.  If you are unsure of this doctors experience and abilities, please do not ignore what you are feeling.  Usually, plastic surgeons will have pictures, or have a way you can contact previous patients. They are notorious for taking pictures.

Dr. Victor Gutierrez was my plastic surgeon for my Lower Body Lift, Breast Lift, Thigh Lift, Arm Lift and Butt Lift.  (Not all at one time) Several other people has posted wonderful reviews on RealSelf.com with all 5 Stars ratings. I understand you are worried about your husband, but staying in Mexico right after your surgery will allow you the benefit of being cared for by the nursing staff.  Also, Dr. G uses twilight sedation, and after surgery hardly any pain. 

Your incisions will be perfect, plus you can not ignore the fact that he will leave your body extra beautiful:-)

I know now you have a lot to think about. It certainly is not a easy decision. 

Most Active