How was your liposuction recovery?

alexclinton
on 4/26/15 1:29 pm

I am looking for the liposuction surgery. I want to know the suggestion for recovery who already had liposuction surgery. What are the precautions I have to take care after surgery. I am waiting for your suggestions.

Needanewbeginning
on 4/26/15 10:06 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

I guess it depends on where your having lipo done? My lipo areas were very painful, you just need to take it slow and keep up with your pain meds.

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

cutekatie
on 4/27/15 10:22 am
RNY on 05/16/12

I had lipo done on my lower abs and mons area. It didn't hurt any more then the rest of my body. As I've said before the drainage tubes hurt the most and once they were out I felt awesome.

Hopefully someone who has only had lipsuction surgery can respond with more detailed answers.

HW 282 OW 273 SW 247 CW 232

DoryAnne2
on 5/6/15 12:12 pm
RNY on 04/01/13

The plastic surgeon did liposuction on my arms in conjunction with an arm lift.  I didn't know my arms would be so sore and that the swelling could take up to 3 months to completely go away. Supposedly, as the honeycombs he put into the fat close up, they tighten up the skin more.  I'm hoping once the swelling is totally gone, I'll be happier with my arms than I am right now, since although they're smaller I still have loose crepey skin and not sure how much the liposuction will tighten it up.  Good luck. 

HW:  268    SW:  255    GW:155    CW:  158

THE BEST THINGS IN LIFE AREN'T THINGS.

RNY Surgery on 4/1/13   with Dr. Gohil

manditude
on 5/9/15 8:42 am

I had lipo on my outer thigh to hips area with a LBL. It was painful. Not as painful as the muscle tightening but still so tender. This lasted a good 2 or 3 weeks. They also were swollen so I noticed almost no difference for a few weeks.

I could not sleep on my sides due to the lipo pain on the hips. I'm 5 weeks out and they're still numb and tender but it's getting much better.

-Mandi
DSFacts
5'1" HW: 360  SW: 337? CW: 132 GW: 130
DS: March 2011, Plastics: LBL+BLA: April 2015

alexclinton
on 5/11/15 3:55 am

Thanks for your posting your comments.

David147
on 5/21/15 1:51 am

Pain is normal after liposuction. you definitely need pain pills so you are not in severe pain. it sounds like you are not taking prescription pain pills. typically the more fat removed then the more pain associated with it. Some physicians only take alittle amount of fat out and send you home on tylenol which is sufficient for the minimal amount of pain but if you have a truely thorough liposuction, then you will need prescription pain pills and especially the abdomen hurts the most. Neck liposuctions don't ususally hurt much so that is the one exception to the rule.

Most Active