Will the recovery period for rhinoplasty be difficult for a diabetic patient?

camz345
on 8/16/15 9:29 pm

I had done rhinoplasty surgery a few months ago from a clinic. But it was not successful. I found difficulty in breathing and the nose was not looking natural which made me feel uncomfortable. I called upon my doctor and he told a revision rhinoplasty could solve my problems. He also told that he is not an expert in revision rhinoplasty and asked me to consult any other surgeon for it. One of my friends suggested me to go to the Rhinoplasty Centre in Toronto for revision rhinoplasty. She had done her rhinoplasty from there and was effective for her. I’m 45 years old, will doing rhinoplasty again and again cause any other health problem? Will the recovery be difficult for me as I’m a diabetic patient?  

hollykim
on 8/18/15 1:13 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On August 16, 2015 at 9:29 PM Pacific Time, camz345 wrote:

I had done rhinoplasty surgery a few months ago from a clinic. But it was not successful. I found difficulty in breathing and the nose was not looking natural which made me feel uncomfortable. I called upon my doctor and he told a revision rhinoplasty could solve my problems. He also told that he is not an expert in revision rhinoplasty and asked me to consult any other surgeon for it. One of my friends suggested me to go to the Rhinoplasty Centre in Toronto for revision rhinoplasty. She had done her rhinoplasty from there and was effective for her. I’m 45 years old, will doing rhinoplasty again and again cause any other health problem? Will the recovery be difficult for me as I’m a diabetic patient?  

this is actually a weight loss surgery board. Most here are having skin removed from their stomachs,legs arms and breasts. Not very many are Interested in rhinoplasty.

alexclinton
on 8/24/15 8:51 pm

If your diabetes is in under control, otherwise you have good health then you are safe to undergo rhinoplasty surgery. But diabetes patients have higher risk of infection and compromised healing. You should tell your condition precisely to your plastic surgeon before going under surgery.

alexclinton
on 8/25/15 9:03 pm

If your diabetes is under control and health is good, then you are safe to undergo rhinoplasty surgery. Sometimes it happens that patients cannot get the desired result in first surgery. So, the plastic Surgeon recommends them the revision surgery. If your plastic surgeon is not an expert in revision plastic surgery, then I recommend you to find any experienced surgeon because revision plastic surgery has lots of complications in it. If you can come to USA, then I can suggest you the plastic surgery centre that is Sullivan Centre. You can check the patient reviews online of this centre. For more details you can visit at: http://www.sullivancentre.com/.

janehepz
on 8/25/15 10:21 pm

I think the recovery period will be a bit difficult for a diabetic patient. But I'm not sure of it. You could ask your surgeon about this, he can tell you clearly about it.  

(deactivated member)
on 9/9/15 2:29 am - Russia

As I know if your health condition is good, and your diabetic is under control then you don't need to be worried about your recovery after rhinoplasty. My grandmother had diabetic, and she had certain anesthesia from South Korea. After having that plastic surgery procedure she had not suffered with any negative issues, she got recovery within the time that estimated by her doctor. 

Therefore, if you could keep your diabetic in control ...you would have quick recovery.

Most Active