Driving myself a bit nutty..... decisions

libra1
on 8/15/15 9:11 am, edited 8/15/15 10:34 am - Canada
VSG on 09/17/13

Hi everyone ... I've been reading your posts and I want to thank you for all of the info you've shared.

I'm from Toronto, Canada. I've lost just over 100lbs, and I'm at the plastic surgery stage of my WL journey.

I'm hoping to get it all, or most of it done in one shot, by the end April/early May. Like everyone else, money is a concern, but so are results and quality of care. I'd like to have the most resent/advanced techniques for my face/eyes/neck lift, and I'll need multiple body fixes -- primarily>> breast Lift no augmentation, upper arms, stomach and upper legs. I have no interest in amplifying my butt or putting anything extra in my body. I love the fact that some surgeons will use twilight sedation as I still have some sleep apnea.

I have narrowed it down to consulting 2 surgeons >> Dr. Peter Fisher-TX and Dr. Sauceda-MX.

I can't find any prices for Dr. Fisher's procedures and because I'd have to stay a few weeks, I'm curious what the aftercare consists of and the pricing that goes along with that. I can't find any photos of Dr. Fisher's facelifts ... kind of hard to cover up a bad facelift, therefore the visuals are very important to me.

Obviously, going for a consult in Texas would be easier ... but still costly for a 24 hour trip.

Any info, prices or pictures of your experiences with Dr. Fisher would be greatly appreciated!

Dr. Sauceda has an amazing following on OH so information is much more accessible.

Thanking you again.

Crazeru
on 8/17/15 1:06 pm

I'm a little biased with Dr Sauceda!    He is a wonderful PS.  Take pics front, side, back, other side and send to [email protected] with quote in the subject line.  We have bunches of pics over on Dr Saucda's group.  Some do have passwords though.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Susie K.
on 8/18/15 5:04 pm - Lubbock, TX
VSG on 04/03/13

I understand your point, completely. Trying to make a decision can drive you a little batty, huh?!  I contacted Dr. Fisher and Dr. John LoMonaco via RealSelf and got quick responses from both of them via email. I "think" they will both do a virtual consult. Go to realself.com for pictures and more info on both Dr. Peter Fisher and Dr. John LoMonaco.  I went this last Friday to a local PS, who is really good at what he does, however, I'm not sure he has the experience with mwl patients as does Dr. P. Fisher and Dr. John LoMonaco, out of Houston, TX.  One of my "Texas OH Buddies" told me about Dr. LoMonaco.  She is absolutely SOLD on him.  He has LOTS of great reviews, too.  The local PS, took all the pictures, etc., and I will use those as I "shop around" for surgeons. I am really HOPING to have mine done this winter (Dec - Feb).

Keeping my fingers crossed for December and Asking for lots of Direction & Wisdom as I choose the right surgeon.  Best Wishes to you.  Keep me posted.

Susie, from Lubbock, TX

libra1
on 8/19/15 5:52 am - Canada
VSG on 09/17/13

Thanks Nonny & Crazeru.

Pictures are being taken today and then sent off to both. I'm hoping they'll have some more facial pics to share, especially the eyes. My eyes tend to very sensitive and react to stuff, also allergic to latex (are the drains or tubing made with any), scents, environmental stuff like dust, animal hair, dander--which sounds so minimal but you'd be surprised what an impact they can have. After all, I am a delicate flower (lol) -- not, that's why I'm curious how advanced their techniques are. Having put all my fears out on the table, I did survived VSG and the placement of bars and screws in my leg with no issues other than taking a long time coming out of anesthesia.(love the idea of twilight).

Any who, I've droned on too long --- bottom line, I'll send in the pics and proceed from there. 

Thanks again for insight.

janehepz
on 8/25/15 11:53 pm

Good Luck for your surgery. Please do update your status here. :)

libra1
on 8/27/15 8:55 am - Canada
VSG on 09/17/13

Because of the dropping Can. dollar, I've decided to put surgery on hold due to the several thousands of dollars in exchange difference (Can$->US$)  ... enough to fund a procedure.

Most Active