11 weeks out from Medial Thigh Lift - update

JA
on 8/27/15 10:24 am - East Haven, CT

11 weeks ago I had a medial thigh lift.  Had a few snags, but all in all I feel good. The only issue is that my thighs are still swollen.  Can anyone who has had the surgery tell me how long the swelling lasts for?  My surgeon says 3-4 months.

Thanks.

JA

(deactivated member)
on 9/10/15 2:32 am - Russia

I think you can minimize the time if you could do a consult with your doctor to make routine of your daily food. That can help you for faster healing process and you can also ask for ointment or lotion or cream that can be helpful to reduce swelling. There are several medi cream for swelling /snags. 

My roommate had another liposuction but her healing  was less than 2 months.

(deactivated member)
on 9/10/15 2:34 am - Russia

I think you can minimize the time if you could do a consult with your doctor to make routine of your daily food. That can help you for faster healing process and you can also ask for ointment, lotion, or cream that can be helpful to reduce swelling. There is several medic creams for swelling /snags. 

My roommate had another liposuction but her healing was less than 2 months.

JA
on 9/10/15 6:05 am - East Haven, CT

Thanks.  I go back next week to see my surgeon and will ask.

alexclinton
on 10/4/15 8:53 pm

The swelling is not that long time. Maximum patient feels swelled 4 to 5 weeks not more than that. I think you are not taking the precautions properly after the surgery. You had to slowly increase your activities this may become the cause of swelling. If you don't have pain, but if you have swelling then this means that you are doing too much. Yes, this is good to meet your plastic surgeon. He can give you the best recommendation.

The swelling is not that long time. Maximum patient feels swelled 4 to 5 weeks not more than that. I think you are not taking the precautions properly after the surgery. You had to slowly increase your activities this may become the cause of swelling. If you don't have pain, but if you have swelling then this means that you are doing too much. Yes, this is good to meet your plastic surgeon. He can give you the best recommendation.

cpalais
on 10/22/15 10:18 am

Hi there,

My tights are really the thing that bothers me. Can you tell me what surgeon you used and where. I hope your feeling better

JA
on 10/22/15 10:48 am - East Haven, CT

Hi,

I used Richard Restifo, and he is absolutely fabulous. He's in Orange CT. It's a tough surgery; I'm still sore and swollen, but happy with the results. Good luck!

JA

Most Active