Progress

(deactivated member)
on 6/23/16 12:14 pm
ReShape on 10/30/16

Got a date for my PS consult late next month. The first step and it feels like a big positive one!!!! 

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 6/25/16 6:59 pm - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

If you are seriously thinking of getting your plastics done anytime soon, I would go ahead and make an appointment with a second plast surg.  You should see, at least, another before making a decision on what to do.  I saw 5: 2 for my face - for face work - use only a Board Cert FACIAL Plastic Surgeon (not just a reg board cert plastic surgeon). And 3 for my body - 2 that spec in WLS patients and 1 "reg" bd certified plastic surgeon.  I knew nothing about PS before, so hearing their analysis and plans helped me understand how much I really wanted to do and what I needed to think about.  When they said the same thing, it increased my confidence in what the results would really be.

If you are just exploring for a surgery a year or two out -- then only seeing one now makes sense, but if you are looking to have it done in next 2 to 4 months, don't put all your eggs in one basket and make appt(s) now to get a second opinion.  These P Surgs are booked way ahead now. 

Best of luck with this phase of your journey,

Sharon

(deactivated member)
on 6/26/16 2:37 pm
ReShape on 10/30/16

Hi Sharon. I appreciate the advice and your right this is not something to take lightly. I've watched that show "Botched" and have seen how a fairly routine procedure can go horribly wrong then the Dr fails to follow through with a positive resolve.

I actually started this process a few years back after losing over 200# and did see more than one. The first one who had a great name in our area told me that " well he could definitely take all the skin off. but couldn't guarantee it would look good. He said he was willing to do it". I thought, wow what a dick! In talking to him a little more it seemed he was very good but specialized in breasts, face lifts and other cosmetic procedures and mine might be a bit too industrial for him. It was actually a little funny that after being so arrogant with me he seemed genuinely shocked when I thanked him for his time and told him I would be using his services.

I did find another through a good friend here on OH who had used him and she had an incredible result. I also followed up with other who had used him prior to my calling him. I attended a seminar he held also prior to my calling for an appointment and was very pleased with what I heard. He also worked with one of the larger bariatric clinics here in our state so he had a ton, (so to speak, lol) of experience with skin removal after massive weight loss. 

Again I was very happy with the consult and exam. He wanted to know exactly what I wanted, what and where my concerns were and what I expected the outcome to be. He was very positive and even said he would go back and tweak something if I there was an unforeseen issue or even if I wasn't pleased with some aspect of he finished product. 

Given I had seen him before they pushed me up on the schedule and I told them I wanted surgery in mid to late September to accommodate my work schedule and to also allow plenty of time before the end of the year to address any possible problem that might arise to best work with insurance issues. They were good with it

I'm hoping to report back here down the road good things about this leg of the journey and am looking very forward to getting this behind me as it has really hampered me personally. 

Again, thanks for the advice and very best of luck to you as well! Rich      

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 6/26/16 7:31 pm - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

Best of luck.  I think for women doing upper body work we have more options to consider (we may need augmentation and there are different types of that).   I needed the second and third opinion to get their perspectives.   

My Phase I is done - it was 2 months ago. I am happy with results, given that some scars are fairly rough still fade.  I would also suggest talking to people who have had average results - I found the post-op perios 1000times harder than the WLS.

Best wishes with yours.

Sharon

(deactivated member)
on 7/29/16 10:02 am
ReShape on 10/30/16

You are right about women needing a bit more work. I am hoping to get my arms done at a not too much later date. Thanks for the well wishes!

(deactivated member)
on 8/4/16 7:00 am
ReShape on 10/30/16

All went great Saturday. The Dr was great and spent a very long time with me. I already knew of his work and he's pretty much an artist (which I need, lol). It looks like they have insurance approval for my hernia which I expected. They also got the Panni approved which was a great relief. I developed a sudden major rash the day of consult. He also brought up a "medical necessity" to do my chest area which will tighten up the upper body. This was an unexpected nice surprise. I will pay extra to have him extend the waist incisions which will go about 80% around, extend the vertical incision and to lipo and do general sculpting to insure a very good result. I was given a very good price for all of that. He also promised a great price do due to having the other work done on my arms when I do that. (I'll follow up pretty quick on that) and also the upper thigh area  if there is any unwanted skin left after pulling them up when doing the lower pelvic area during the initial surgery. Time for the surgery is expected to be about 6 hours with a 2-3 day stay in the hospital afterwards. I've both knees replaced this spring so there will be no deductible or co pays for any of this. Very Very happy with how it all turned out after being nervous as hell going in. Not with the surgeon at all. Just with the insurance as you never know how that will go. 

Surgery date is October 13th!

Most Active